COURT HOUSE - A Cape May County grand jury handed up 14 indictments Sept. 3.
The abbreviation CDS below stands for controlled dangerous substance.
All individuals listed are presumed innocent unless proven guilty.
Of the 14 indictments, 12 contained no counts other than third-degree possession of a CDS. The possession charges involved individuals from six of the county’s municipalities and three out-of-county locations.
The following were charged with either one or two counts of possession:
* Arthur T. Chester, 33, of Villas, methamphetamine
* Zachary T. Clopein, 31, of Glen Burnie, Md., two counts, buprenorphine and alprazolam
* Erin K. Cunningham, 35, of North Cape May, fentanyl
* Osmond R. Garrison, 31, of Villas, two counts, heroin and methamphetamine
* Marilyn E. Hamann McCormick, of Middle Township, methamphetamine
* Thomas G. Long, 34, of Philadelphia, alprazolam
* Andrew D. Roop, 41, of Court House, heroin
* Anthony J. Staley, of Wildwood, fentanyl
* Michael E. Stemme, of Wildwood, fentanyl
* Ryan P. Torpey, of Wildwood Crest, cocaine
* Timothy J. Trusk, of Sea Isle City, cocaine
* Phillip A. Turner, 30, of Millville, cocaine
Jacob A. Jasinski, Tajah A. Campbell
Jacob Jasinski, 27, and Tajah Campbell, 34, both of Whitesboro, were indicted for third-degree possession of a CDS, heroin. Campbell also faces a count for possession with intent to distribute, third degree. Jasinski was named in a final count for third-degree resisting arrest.
William W. Lyman
William Lyman, 37, of North Cape May, faces a six-count indictment which includes a count for first-degree attempted murder. The use of a handgun resulted in the indictment including two second-degree weapons offense counts for possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes, and unlawful possession of a weapon.
The indictment contains a third-degree count for terroristic threats, made to an individual other than the victim of the attempted murder. Two final fourth-degree counts are for possession of a prohibited weapon, a large-capacity magazine, and for aggravated assault for pointing the handgun at the individual who was the victim of the threats.