STONE HARBOR - "Lights of Broadway" was the 2019 theme for vessels and docks entered in the annual Festival of Lights Aug. 17.
The event began at the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor then headed south along the Intracoastal Waterway. After the line of decorated vessels made its way there, the parade reversed and headed north where it visited many of the basins along the route.
One of the popular vantage points to view the spectacle was from atop the 96th Street Bridge. Others lined the bulkheads throughout the borough.
That span had to open to allow boaters through, which caused traffic to briefly back up along Stone Harbor Boulevard and 96th Street.
- Indoor Dining Postponed Indefinitely
- Visitors Linked to 2 New Cases
- PTC Votes Unanimously to Support Statewide Police Licensure, Training Overhaul
- Cape's Calm as Nation’s Cases Surge
- County Reports 4 New Cases, No Deaths
- County Reports 2 New Fatalities; Wildwoods Record 2 New Cases
- County's Case Rate Remains Small
- Pennsylvania Woman Arrested for Stolen Handgun Possession, Other Charges
- June Ends With 3 Reported Fatalities
- County Announces 8 New Community-based COVID-19 Cases
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Avalon - Most of the United States has strict rules on social distancing. Restaurants cannot open for on-site dining. In many areas, hair salons and gyms cannot open. Stores must limit their capacity...
- Town Bank - Christians who still support Trumpism, may need to turn their focus inward, to reshape the culture and counter the corrosive influence of Fox News and other forces that create division and breed...
- Sea Isle City - I am sure that at many overcrowded urban hospitals hundreds of courageous and dedicated medical professionals worked to save countless lives at the risk of their own. But I am frustrated that...
- North Wildwood - The beaches look great with all the work they have been doing. Unfortunately, the ramps that they built need to have thick layer of sand removed, and we need the mats back. With the beaches being...
- Cape May Point - The bounty story and speculation of what Trump knew or did not know may not be the point-like the Coronavirus and now Russian's placing a bounty on killing Americans shows Trump clearly did not...