A home’s heating and cooling system is vital to creating a comfortable environment for friends, family, and most importantly, yourself. What can become uncomfortable about heating and cooling systems are the price tags of expensive repairs or replacements that they come with, or the cost to keep them running.
Various tips are available to you, so that you can create an affordable budget to keep your system fully-functional, receive the performance that it was built for, and prevent major incidents that could leave you scuffling for system replacement funds.
Some of those tips include:
- Scheduling regular maintenance for your HVAC system to ensure that it is working properly and efficiently.
- Locating and sealing air leaks, including gaps in chimneys, flue pipes, plumbing pipes, and windows with a draft.
- Ensuring your unit’s air filter is clean.
- Setting temperatures back (approximately five degrees difference) when at work and/or sleeping. Decreasing temperatures at unnecessary times can save money on your electric bill.
- Ensuring that all vents and registers are not blocked.
Bowman’s Heating and Cooling Inc. is located at 5104 Pacific Ave., Wildwood, 08260. For more information, call (609) 522-0121 or visit www.bowmansair.com.