It depends on your work habits, daily routine, and what your expectations of treatment are. Here are some facts about both:
- You will get “attachments” glued onto your teeth. They will generally be opaque or tooth-colored and come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- You will get “IPR” if you have crowding. IPR, or inter-proximal-reduction, constitutes “shaving” your teeth down some. Usually between .1-.5 mm or more of tooth enamel will be filed away, forever.
- You will be able to remove your aligners when it is convenient for you to do so – like at lunch or dinner. It is easier to floss and clean your teeth with your aligners out of your mouth, too.
- Aligners are less noticeable to the public when you are wearing them due to their transparent nature.
- They DO NOT move your teeth faster than braces. You essentially treat yourself by changing aligners every one to two weeks.
- You will get stainless steel or clear polymer or ceramic braces glued to your teeth. This is what allows your arch wire to move your teeth into position.
- Nickel-titanium arch wire moves your teeth the fastest, with low optimal forces to your teeth.
- “IPR” is used infrequently and is mostly never done. Reducing enamel from your teeth is never done with self-ligating braces, unless for a true Bolton Discrepancy or tooth anatomy issue.
- You cannot remove your braces. They are “glued” on with a fluoride infused resin that attaches to your tooth.
- Good dental hygiene is a must. Seeing your hygienist every four to six months is important to maintain healthy gums.
What Moves Teeth the Fastest?
Nothing moves teeth faster and more optimally than low, continuous forces that provide constant stimulation to the periodontal ligament around the roots of your teeth. Nothing does this better than Nickel-Titanium (N.T.) arch wire, especially ones that are high grade and treated to certain temperatures that make them work to a constant low force, continuously at body temperature.
High tech, self-ligating braces, like the T. Brace, that eliminate arch wire binding and allow for optimum displacement of forces from N.T. archwire move your teeth the fastest, with the least amount of force.
Yes, fast tooth movement is healthy tooth movement with amazing technology at TenBrook Orthodontics! Call or text today and see how we can get you the best results in the least amount of time.
TenBrook Orthodontics has locations in Galloway, Northfield, Marmora/Ocean City, and Millville. For more information, call 1 (877) SMILE10 or visit www.tenbrookorthodontics.com.