William JohnHeuges, Jr.1933-2021Of Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania, (formerly of Del Haven, New Jersey) passed away on December 28, 2021.He was born February 5, 1933, in Philadelphia, a son of the late William and Helen (D'Ouville) Heuges. On June 23, 1962, in Philadelphia, he married the former Margaret Bees, of Sharon Pennsylvania, who survives.John was a graduate of North Catholic High School, Philadelphia, and earned a Bachelor of Science Degree at LaSalle College.John served in the Coast Guard from July 22, 1952, during the Korean War until his honorable discharge July 20, 1956.For several years, John served as a police officer for Cheltenham Township, Pennsylvania. He was then employed as a Regional Security Manager for Sears Roebuck.John was an avid birder. He was a life member of the New Jersey Audubon Society and spent many hours volunteering at the Cape May Bird Observatory. He also gave many lectures on the horseshoe crab.Surviving in addition to his wife of 59 years, are four children, a son Christopher and wife Sarah of Rockledge, Pennsylvania, a daughter Gretchen and husband Mark Mahosky of Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania, a daughter Mary and husband Al Benzoni of South Pasadena, California, a son Stephen and wife Tina of Oaklyn, New Jersey, seven grandchildren and one great-grandchild.A memorial service is being planned for early 2022.Arrangements are by Roupp Funeral Home, 8594 Old Turnpike Rd., Mifflinburg.To view full obituary and service announcements, visit www.rouppfuneralhome.com.
- Documentary Recalls Long-forgotten Dennisville Train Crash
- Indictments Filed Jan. 11
- W. Cape May Supports License Bid for Cannabis Dispensary
- Cape May Reorganizes Virtually; Short-term Rental Ordinance Introduced
- Driver Charged After Elderly Ocean City Pedestrian Dies Being Hit by Car
- North Wildwood Asks for Help ID'ing Suspect After Alleged Car Break-in
- County Announces 4 New Covid Deaths
- Update on Proposed Beesley’s Point Winery Offered
- Wildwood Police Arrest Man After Car Break-ins
- Buchanan Settlement Approved by Avalon Council
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Wildwood - Well soon we will have many new condo's and buildings up in Wildwood. With St. Anns property gone. We will have a full block of ratables now paying property taxes on that block. Sounds like a...
- Lower Twp - I am writing this January 18 and Cape May County websites “ latest” Covid report is January 7!!! All the other counties are up to date. Friends in the restaurant business, schools and hospitals told...
- West Vape May - The spouters all amped up over West Cape May cannabis need to eat an edible and chill out.
- West Wildwood - I wish all the haters of West Wildwood would keep their comments to themselves. This little borough is paradise in Cape May county. Keep you high taxes in Stone Harbor and payed beaches. Our beach...
- Cape May Court House - Thank you for shutting down Middle EMS. We need true reliable paramedics in this area.....not volunteers!