James (Jim) Barthold, 72 of Millville, passed away on Thursday, July 21, 2022 at home surrounded by his family after a long illness.He was born in Philadelphia to Elmer Barthold and Doris (Tilney) Barthold Daley. He was raised in Roxborough, PA and Edgewater Park, NJ. Jim went to Burlington City High School graduating in 1968. He went to Temple University working parttime for The Spectrum and then graduating with a degree in Journalism.He worked for the Wildwood Leader which became The Gazette Leader along with free lancing with The Philadelphia Bulletin. He and Rita (Minard) Barthold married in 1973 where they enjoyed times spent on the beach, the Wildwood boardwalk and Cape May Promenade. They enjoyed bicycling and the Cape May County Zoo. Jim was an avid Philadelphia sports fan and was thrilled to be hired by The Philadelphia Journal. When that closed, he decided to pursue a new career in public relations joining General Instrument then Motorola as a Media Relations Manager. Later he had various jobs in the field of technology. He was a Technology Editor for Cable World Magazine and a Broadband Editor for Telephony Magazine. His favorite job was as a freelance writer calling his business “AllWritey!” He covered cable, telecom and wireless and writing for Web and print. His passion for several years was the Custer Battlefield located in Montana where he has been the editor of The Battlefield Dispatch.Jim and his wife Rita were married for 49 blissful years. They enjoyed many outdoor activities such as badminton, bicycling, boogey boarding and golfing. They also traveled throughout the United States and Canada and even went to Egypt.He is survived by his wife Rita and his sister Donna (Curt) Ogden and their three children Matthew, Martin, and Karen and a brother-in-law Tom (Traci) Minard and their two children Jessica, and Emily. He is also survived by his niece Michelle Sullivan and nephew Robert Minard and along with seven grand- nieces and two grand nephews. He was predeceased by his father, mother and brother Thomas (Tommy) and a step-father Joe Daley and his favorite cat, Cedric. He was also predeceased by a brother-in-law Samuel Minard, sister-in-law Debbie Minard, and grand-nephew Zachary Albanese.There will be a private Celebration of Life held at a later date.In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Custer Battlefield Historical & Museum Assn (CBHMA) at PO Box 902, Hardin Montana 59034-0902; Promedica Hospice Memorial Fund 2111 New Road #100 Northfield, NJ 08225 or Ronald McDonald House of S.N.J 500 Mickle Blvd. Camden, NJ 08103.Arrangements entrusted to Christy Funeral Home.Memories and expressions of sympathy for James Barthold may be shared on the Obituary Tribute Wall at www.christyfuneralservice.com.
- Neighbors Continue Complaints Against Deauville Inn
- 1 Airlifted, Multiple Injuries in Dennis Crash
- Indictments Filed Aug. 9
- Avalon Approves Boutique Hotels for Business District
- Anne Heche, Actress With CMCo Roots, Dies After Car Crash
- Sea Isle to Crack Down on Juvenile Misbehavior
- Tax-free Back-to-school Shopping Begins Aug. 27
- N. Wildwood to Explore ‘Legal Options’ to Replenish Beaches
- Wildwood Boardwalk Repairs to Continue Through Fall 2022 and Beyond
- ‘Free Little Art Gallery’ Brings Smiles in Town Bank
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- The Wildwoods. - I was almost in a car accident In North Wildwood crossing Delaware Ave. Some of these vehicles make it hard to see traffic forcing us to drive almost to the e center of the road to look for crossing...
- North Cape May - For every detestable thing he did to small businesses in Atlantic City, to his predatory behavior toward women over the years (which he bragged about), to his lies and deciet to manipulate millions...
- Lower - Seems Most Democrats think the inflation reduction act will actually reduce inflation, but the Congressional Budget Office predicts that it will raise inflation. The CBO has been doing this for a...
- Upper - Here’s my spout and thought for the day. If president Trump actually did all the things he's accused of doing he could run as a Democrat.
- Wildwood Crest - Thanking GOD for a wonderful summer. Great weather for the beach and little COVID around.