James A. McCarty, 62, of Cape May Court House, NJ, passed away on Monday, January 11, 2021. Born in Sea Isle City, NJ to the late Horace "Bill" William A. McCarty and Jeanette Letts McCarty, he was a lifetime resident of Middle Township. He worked at Burke Motor Group for over 20 years.Jim was an Eagle Scout, a member of the Kiwanis Club, past president of the Middle Township PTA and a founder of the youth basketball program at the Middle Township Recreation Department. He coached countless kids in many different sports through the years. He loved spending time with his grandkids and his dog, Reggie. He enjoyed watching sports, especially NASCAR, and going to Dover for the races.Jim is survived by his children, Joshua (Michelle) McCarty, Meghan (Edward) Mintzer, and Ryan (Jessie) McCarty; his siblings, William Gene (Marianne) McCarty, Jeanette (Doug) Hamer, Sue Ann (Melvin “Buddy”) Halbruner, and Robert Francis McCarty; and his grandchildren, Grayson, Duke, Piper, Garrett, and Emma.Public viewing will be held on Friday, January 15, 2021 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Radzieta Funeral Home, 9 Hand Avenue, Cape May Court House. Social distancing and masks are required. Funeral service and interment will be private. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the MTHS Alumni Association Scholarship, PO Box 133, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210. Condolences at www.radzieta.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Middle Woman Dies from Covid; 64 New Cases Reported
- Chipotle to Open First CMCo Location
- Indictments Filed Jan. 12
- Lower Man Dies from Covid; 71 New Cases Reported
- Avalon Nixes Proposed Dune Restaurant Plans
- Heroin Found During Wildwood Traffic Stop; 2 Arrested
- N. Wildwood Officials, Seaport Pier Owners Working to Resolve Environmental Violations
- OC Police Continue Investigation into Lure Attempt; Suspect’s ID Sought
- Ocean View Firefighters Battle Motor Vehicle Fire
- CMCo Planning Expanded Vaccine Distribution
- Erma - Trump is moving all his personal belongings to Mar-a-Lago but because he declared the property commercial, he may not by law occupy the buildings as a personal residence. After a specified number of...
- Ocean View - Though it's very disheartening to hear of a US soldier accused of permoting damage to our forces, it's even more hurtful that the mainstream media is trying to use it as a tool.
- Avalon - Trump’s most enduring legacy could be the historic rise in the national debt. It rose almost $7.8 trillion during his time in the White House — approaching World War II levels, relative to the size...
- Sea Isle City - There's a dead seagull on top the Ludlam Thorofare bridge in the lane entering SIC for over a month.
- Avalon - John Sullivan, a professed BLM activist, is being held in federal prison for inciting a riot at the Capitol building. He claims he is innocent but videos of him say otherwise. Nancy Pelosi is in...