WILLIAM J. STUMP “BILL”, 70, of Stone Harbor passed away peacefully Thursday, January 23, 2020 at his home surrounded by his wife and daughter. Bill was a wonderful husband, loving father and all-around unique individual who had a passion for sailing, cooking, traveling, wine, oysters, and spending time with his daughter. He had a generous heart and a witty personality, always making everyone laugh; truly one of a kind. Born in Indiana, PA he attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) where he was a founding member of a Sigma Chi Chapter. He was a math teacher at Wildwood High School for 28 years as well as a dedicated member of his Stone Harbor community, serving as secretary of the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor for 30 years, treasurer of Our Saviour Lutheran Church, School Board President, former treasurer and membership chair of the Stone Harbor Museum, and former Stone Harbor councilman. Bill was predeceased by his parents, Dorothy and Gerald Stump Sr. He is survived by his wife of 24 years, Patty (Brewin), and his favorite daughter Tricia; sisters, Barbara Natale (Chuck) and Dorothy Stump Vernon (Stephen); brothers, Gerald Stump Jr. and Charles Stump (Colleen); and many other loving family and friends. A Celebration of Life Memorial for family members and friends will be held at 11AM on Saturday, February 1, at Our Saviour Lutheran Church in Stone Harbor. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Bill’s memory to Our Saviour Lutheran Church , 9212 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, NJ, 08247, or a charity of your choice. Condolences can be shared at www.EvoyFuneralHome.com
To plant a tree in memory of WILLIAM STUMP as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Police Chief Reflects on Security for Trump’s Visit
- Retirees Encouraged to Apply for 'Senior Freeze' Property Tax Relief Program
- Tough Choices Loom for Shore Communities
- Indictments Filed Feb. 11
- Lower Township Police Officer Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Say No to Dinner Clubs, OC Council Told
- Shared Fire, EMS Services Quizzed
- Threat of Severe Weather Results in 'Code Blue' Declaration
- How Much Do Police Officers Make?
- Claudio’s Pizza Kitchen Brings Fresh, Healthy Food to Cape May Court House
- West Wildwood - The spout reaching out to "year round residents who endure harsh winters"- I am one of those people. I've lived here 15 years and am a member of the CTWWW. It is a group for everyone...
- Avalon - When Thomas Jefferson said, “Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the...
- Wildwood - If Wildwood and North Wildwood are looking into shared services for fire and ems, they should also look at the police? We have 4 police chiefs and about 100 officers to cover roughly five square...
- Dennis Township - I don't think Mr. Bloomberg would make a good president. He is to used to having everything his way with zero tolerance for opposition. Some might say Trump is the same, but I disagree. W...
- Villas - Why does a woman constantly bring her new baby to a local school to visit her friends for a social hour when she doesn’t even work there? This is professional environment, not a hangout. How is she...