Albert Moretti, 94 Survived by his beloved wife, Madeleine (Drach) of 46 years. He is also survived by his sister, Rose Moretti. Preceded in death by his parents Peter and Madeline Moretti (Lamberti) and his brother, John Moretti and sister, Madeline Vecere (Moretti).Al was a great lover of jazz. He loved his “bounce action” tenor sax. He played with the Ray Carr orchestra in West Chester for over 10 years among other big bands. He also formed a band that never had a name that met in his barber shop.After moving from the Lawncrest area in Philadelphia he played with the Cape May County String Band since 1990. He was an original member of the John Walter band and the Coast Guard Auxiliary 82 “Big Band” that was formed in 1993. And with his own quartet, “The Soft Tones”.He worked in the barber shop at the USCG TRACEN for over 25 years after retiring from his own barber shop in N.E. Philadelphia in 1989.In lieu of flowers please send donations to the Archdiocese for the Military Services for the USA, PO Box 4469, Washington DC 20017.Funeral Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11am on Monday 28th October at Parish of St. John Neumann in St. John of God, 680 Town Bank Rd., North Cape May, NJ 08204. Calling time 10:00 am - 11:00am with internment to follow Mass at Resurrection Cemetery, Clermont NJ. Condolences at www.EvoyFuneralHome.com.
To plant a tree in memory of ALBERT MORETTI as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Retirees Encouraged to Apply for 'Senior Freeze' Property Tax Relief Program
- Tough Choices Loom for Shore Communities
- Indictments Filed Feb. 18
- Speigel Named N. Wildwood Construction, Fire, Zoning Official
- Lower Township Police Officer Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Student Suspended for Shell Casing Possession, Permitted on Field Trip
- Say No to Dinner Clubs, OC Council Told
- How Much Do Police Officers Make?
- Threat of Severe Weather Results in 'Code Blue' Declaration
- Update on Proposed Hotel
- Swainton - Bernie misses the point by raising taxes on corporations. The reason taxes were lowered was to make us competitive with other countries. This means more jobs for American workers.
- Cape May - You too can watch Cape May City Council meetings without leaving your home. Go to your computer and bring up CapeMayCity.org. Then go to “watch livestream” and find the meeting date you want to watch...
- Stone Harbor - How many people from Stone Harbor expressed the interest in platform tennis? You would think that the council would include this on their presentation. Let the residents of Avalon approach their town...
- North Wildwood - I worked in bigger cities than are on the island, in North Jersey, where the mayor and council members made much less than here. We need to realign pay scales for the mayor and council members.
- North Wildwood - I thought North Wildwood was a Civil Service Town - with a local ordinance about living in the city one year prior to taking the test and living in the city until being hired. How did Mr. Spiegel get...