Born Kenneth Algernon Black on 12/23/1932, passed away 1/29/2019. He grew up in Pennsgrove, NJ. As a Junior in High School he joined the ROTC. He went on to Graduate from Rutgers in 1955. Top of his class and class president, he went directly into the Army. He was commissioned as a 2nd Lt. He served in the special forces, fought in the Korean war and retired in 1964. He then went to work for DuPont Co. On November 7th, 1967 he was elected to the NJ General Assembly in District 3, where he was re-elected 3 times, for a total of 6 years. Ken retired from DuPont after 30 years as employment relations Manager.Ken and his wife moved to Wildwood Crest in 1984. Gov. Thomas Kean appointed him as a hearing officer for Prison system of NJ for 3 years. He then was appointed Secretary to the Wildwood Crest planning and zoning boards. He worked for Department of Recreation until he retired in 2011. Ken was a long standing member of the Penns Grove Excelsior Lodge also Member of the North Wildwood VFW.He is survived by his wife Carol, Children Roberta Muche, John Boscarelli, and Allison Black. He has 9 Grandchildren.
- Unofficial Results for Nov. 5 General Election
- N. Cape May Man Charged with Sexual Assault on 3 Juveniles
- Sarasota, Fla. Woman Charged with Her Belleplain Mother's 2018 Murder
- Lower Township Woman Charged with Drug Possession, Distribution
- NJ Avenue Streetscape Plan Presented
- Lower Township Police Activity, Adult Arrests Oct. 14-20, 2019
- Middle Township Police Activity, Arrests Oct. 7-13, 2019
- Fire Departments Battle Weekend Blaze in Cape May
- Indictments Filed Oct. 29
- Federal Objections Overcome, Beachfill Projects Can Proceed in 3 Municipalities
- Middle Township - It seems that expanding programs and having high student participation in these expanded programs are a ticket to higher budgets and higher positions, with school administrators playing the game...
- Woodbine - I read the spout off about the roads littered with trash around the Woodbine landfill. I really never took notice until the spout off. Your correct. It's a disgrace. It appears trash is flying...
- Sea Isle City - When I speak with my friends from other denominations, they cannot believe what is happening at St. Joseph. They are in awe that detached Catholic leaders in the Camden Diocese and local leadership...
- Lower Township - Sending the shiny expensive brochure all around Lower Township days before the vote was nothing less that deceitful. My taxes rose over two hundred dollars last year. I guess before long there will...
- Stone Harbor - The racist mailer against Antwan McClellan helped secure a Republican sweep in the first District. The campaign manager for the Democrats should be fired.