Kathleen A. Houston, 79, of Villas, New Jersey, passed away peacefully on October 4, 2021, at North Cape Center in North Cape May, surrounded by her family. She was born in Hudson, New York on August 22, 1942 to Charles and Frieda Hallenbeck.Raised in Hudson, New York, Kathleen moved to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to attend nursing school at Philadelphia General Hospital where she graduated in 1963. She worked as a registered nurse at PGH as well as Presbyterian Hospital in Philadelphia. Kathleen obtained a Master’s Degree in Social Work and her career turned to behavioral health and addiction treatment where she worked for many years and touched many lives. In 2012, Kathleen was honored as Medical Professional of the Year by the Caron Foundation after being nominated by her peers and colleagues.After living and working in the Philadelphia area for most of her adult life, Kathleen and her husband, Hank, retired and moved to Villas, New Jersey, where they shared their home with the golden retrievers and the cats they loved, and where they regularly enjoyed the Delaware Bay sunsets.Kathleen is survived by her loving husband of 29 years, Henry (Hank) Houston; her son, Mark Davies, and his wife Laura Strickler, of Lawrenceville, New Jersey; her granddaughter, Annelise Davies of New Orleans, Louisiana; and her brother, Charles Hallenbeck of Willoughby, Ohio; and many beloved nieces and nephews. She is predeceased by her sister, Phyllis AuCoin.A celebration of life will be held on Saturday, October 23 from 9:30-10:30am at Evoy Funeral Home, 3218 Bayshore Rd, North Cape May, NJ 08204, with a service beginning at 10:30am. Donation may be made online in Kathleen’s memory to the Alzheimer’s Association or Citizens Veterans Advisory Committee, and condolences can be shared at www.EvoyFuneralHome.com.
- Police Arrest 4 Cape May Restaurant Workers After ‘Wagon Wheel Scam’ Probe
- Ayne Zaberer, Wife of Local Restaurateur Legend, Dies
- 'Historic Grand Hotel’ in Cape May’s Future?
- Lower Man Dies from Covid; CMCo Reports Progress in Vaccinations
- Court House Man Charged for Woman’s Drug-induced Death
- Villas Family Still Needs Help Following July 23 Fire
- Wildwood, N. Wildwood Enter into Boardwalk Master Plan Agreement
- Mayor Pushes Ban for Private Events on Public Property
- Seawall Repairs Spark Construction Complaints
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Sept. 13-19, 2021
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Wildwood - Fidelity to Trump has transformed the GOP into a delusional, anti-democratic party that relies on a constant drumbeat of disinformation and the intimation that violence is an acceptable political...
- Cape May Court House - It's really nice to see how giving Governor Phil Murphy is to child care employees by giving them a bonus of $1,000 dollars. While healthcare, home improvement, discount retail employees get...
- West Wildwood - To the Upper Township person who said- "All these spouters that are STILL mentioning the past President". Well, I for one wish we were not still talking about Trump! The problem of course,...
- Sea Isle City - Why doesn’t anyone ask why Biden is afraid to take any spontaneous questions after his almost daily 5 minute TelePrompTer reads.? Anyone curious why the supposedly most powerful person on the planet...
- Cape May - Uh-oh! I see NJ Dept of Education is enabling schools to teach about climate change. How horrible! More proof that Marxists have taken over! C’mon, delusional deniers! Time to get out there and...