JOHN W. WELDON, 77, of Woodbine died Saturday January 25, 2020 at home under hospice care. Born in Ridley Park, PA he was the son of the late Irwin F. and Sarah Scull Weldon. He was a lifelong area resident.John proudly served his country in the Army during the Vietnam War and received a Purple Heart. He retired from Wheaton Glass Co. in Millville where he was an Inspector and worked for them for 46 years. John enjoyed woodworking. John was a devoted Father of 2, and Beloved brother. He was called home by his Lord to end his struggles with this life- no more pain, no more worries, Our love goes with him, Our hearts ache for our loss- We are trying to rejoice in his freedom and peace. Love you popSurviving are his children, John L. Weldon and Laura Weldon-Carroll, sister, Evelyn Hartem, 12 grandchildren.At John’s request there will be no services.To email condolences and or tributes please visit www.hoffmanfuneralhomes.net
To plant a tree in memory of JOHN WELDON as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Retirees Encouraged to Apply for 'Senior Freeze' Property Tax Relief Program
- Police Chief Reflects on Security for Trump’s Visit
- Tough Choices Loom for Shore Communities
- Indictments Filed Feb. 11
- Lower Township Police Officer Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Say No to Dinner Clubs, OC Council Told
- Speigel Named N. Wildwood Construction, Fire, Zoning Official
- Shared Fire, EMS Services Quizzed
- Threat of Severe Weather Results in 'Code Blue' Declaration
- How Much Do Police Officers Make?
- Rio Grande - Do you think you Middle Township will fix the bus stop shelter in Rio Grande by the fire station. It fell down months ago, and they took it away. Now I see people sitting there on the bench in the...
- Avalon - An Avalon Spouter thinks that "we took prayer out of schools." We did not. Any child may pray at any time in school, as long as doing so does not interfere with the purpose of school: to...
- Wildwood - A study recently released by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health declares there is no evidence “assault weapon” bans lead to a lower “incidence of fatal mass shootings. Why are our...
- West Wildwood - To the spouter and member of the CTWW who is concerned about the year-round residents group. You indicate you are a member of CTWW and you are feuding with local government and its supporters. The...
- Stone Harbor - I like bird watching as much as the next person and I am continually amazed at the fancy scopes and cameras that many use to pursue their hobby. I also understand the need to have tripods to support...