Alice K. Wray (nee Cunningham), 87, of Wildwood, passed away peacefully on April 25, 2020. Born and raised in Philadelphia to the late Harry and Alice (Donnelly) Cunningham. Graduate of Little Flower High School, Class of 1950. During her high school years she worked part-time for Strawbridges Department Store. After high school she accepted a position with the Federal Reserve Bank. Soon after, she married the late William J. Wray, Jr. and became a full-time wife and mother. Having spent most summers in Wildwood she moved permanently in the late 1970s. Alice worked in the circulation department of the Gazette Leader newspaper for many years, and 32 years for Douglass Candies on the Wildwood boardwalk. She loved her Philadelphia Phillies and Eagles, especially the Phillies (#11 J -Roll). Alice enjoyed watching the Game Show Network, Match Game with Gene Rayburn, Family Feud and her newest favorite America Says also on GSN. Mom was a wonderful woman. We were always being told, "your Mom is so cute." She made those she met and knew her laugh with her sarcasm and quick wit, it was legendary and we will miss that most of all. Alice is survived by her children, William III (Judith), Michael (Nancy), Kathleen Cruzan (William), caregiver and "homie" Alice and Patrick (fiance Sharon). 11 Grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren. Brothers James (late Janet), Joseph (Mary); Sisters Geraldine (Dave), Johann (late John); also many nieces and nephews. Predeceased by her brother Harry Jr. (late Regina). A Memorial Service will be scheduled at a later date.Condolences maybe sent toIngersollgreenwoodfh.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Planned Rio Protest Canceled
- W. Wildwood, Sea Isle Focus of County's May 30 Virus Report
- Erma Man Arrested in Avalon, Charged With Several Offenses
- May’s Final Weekend Begins with 6 New Cases, 1 Death
- Case Count Up by 18 as Freeholders Allow Short-term Rentals
- County's Fresh Virus Cases Back to Single Digits
- Pennsylvania Man Charged with Burglary for Wildwood Business Raid
- May Ends With 3 New Cases
- County Reports 15 New COVID-19 Cases in Two-day Report
- Parents Urged to Watch for MIS-C Symptoms
- Rio Grande - Mayor Donahue, Why do you allow rentals in Rio Grande to get away with murder when it comes to noise violations. Loud music playing constantly and when police are called nothing gets done. Do the...
- West Philadelphia - Send the bus loads to the shore....places are open and the weather is great!
- West Wildwood - Can anyone tell me where a good bakery shop is in wildwood ?
- Wilmington/Wildwood - I am listening to Joe Biden live on TV, and he is saying that it we had listened to him, he would have shut down the country a month earlier and saved sixty thousand lives. So, I went back on Google...
- Sea Isle City - Last night on the beach at 86th Street there was a “beach party” of over 30 ,let’s be kind, under the influence kids. Evidenced by the fact that young” ladies” were relieving themselves on/in the...