56, on July 2nd 2020 Robert David Scales, Jr. went to his heavenly home. A Navy Veteren, former Boy Scout and former Cape May resident. He was a strong Navy man who once worked in the Nuclear Field. He got his Bachelors of Science in Management and Cyber Security at Indian River State University graduated in 2016 with a 4.0 GPA. He enjoyed working as a Technical Service Desk Specialist at St. Lucie County Public School District. He enjoyed singing songs of praise. He joins Mother Dorothy Scales and Father Robert Scales Sr. in heaven. Leave behind his sister Mary Scales, two nieces Jennifer Steelman and Stephanie Meehan. Also two great nephews Robert Meehan and Nicholas Meehan. He will be missed by many friends and family. In lieu of flowers the family is asking for donations for funeral costs please send to Mary Scales at 903 Scott Ave., North Cape May, NJ 08204.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Court House Man Drowns in Residential Pool
- Joint Investigation Conducted into Erma Man's Death
- Human Services Announces $38.5 Million in Additional Food Assistance
- Tropical Storm Warning Issued for Cape May County
- Windrift Shelves Food, Beverage Service After Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
- County's COVID-19 Cases Rise by 5
- County's August Coronavirus Battle Begins With 6 New Cases
- Archer Senft’s ‘Doing Great’ 5 Years after Diving Accident
- County's Virus Metrics Increase by 9 Cases
- July Ends With 8 New Cases, 1 Death
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Wildwood - I disagree with the spouter about the grass under the new sign on Rio Grande. What rocket scientist came up with that idea? Everyone knows we in Wildwood love blue, no pink, no let's stick with...
- Rio Grande - Talking to some friends that work in the county and one was upset that their gym was closed to COVID and that slot of employees are mad and the other employee said that the one in the admin building...
- Wildwood Crest - I figured if we all just "protest" together at the beach on a sunny day, a few "favorite restaurants, and then school for the kids, we should be perfectly fine. None of the "...
- Middle Township - I am a teacher and I would like to shut down these people who are posting about how easy teachers have it by allowing them to teach virtually(online) during this pandemic. Teaching classes online is...
- Wildwood - It’s sad to see the current divide in America. What most people don’t seem to understand is both the dems and repub’s are on the same team. All they wanna do is steal more money from the hard working...