Irene Gallignano, 87 of Enfield, CT beloved wife of the late Louis “Buddy’ Gallignano, entered into eternal peace on September 12, 2020 at home. Irene was born in New York City, New York - the daughter of Nicolas and Elvira Palmieri.She was raised in New York City, graduated from Mattatuck Community College in 1985 with a Degree in Nursing and was employed at Danbury Hospital for over 20 years. She loved cooking, the casino and cards.Irene is survived by her three sons, Louis Gallignano and partner Elaine Davis-Diaz of Miami FL; Mitchell Gallignano, Sr and his wife Marybeth of West Haven, CT; Ciro A Gallignano, Sr and his wife Christina of East Windsor, CT; and her daughter Louise Gallignano and partner Bill Gerner of Enfield, CT; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.A mass of Christian Burial will be held 11am on Saturday, September 19, 2020 at St. John Neumann Parish, St. John of God Church, 680 Townbank Rd., North Cape May, NJ. Friends may call prior to mass from 8:30am - 10:30am at the Evoy Funeral Home, 3218 Bayshore Rd., Cape May, NJ. Burial will immediately follow mass at St. Mary's Cemetery. Condolences can be shared at www.EvoyFuneralHome.com.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Goshen Man, 26, Dies in Crash
- HVAC Worker Recorded Multiple Victims in Cape Tech Bathroom, Investigation Finds
- UPDATE: Swimmer Dies After Being Pulled from Water Off N. Wildwood Beach
- Middle OKs Trick-or-treat Hours
- Lower Man, 71, Dies from COVID-19; New Cases Reported
- Middle Approves Land Sale
- Murphy Extends Public Health Emergency
- County Reports 8 New COVID-19 Cases
- Memorial Reef Provides Eco-friendly Final Resting Place
- What Does CMCo Look Like Post-COVID-19?
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Wildwood - Why did Biden say he did not support the Green New Deal at the debate? When his campaign website says that he believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we...
- Cape May - RE: The Ballot question in CM. I read in an article in the Herald that when candidates Mullock and Bezaire stated that Ms. Hendricks had not filed properly, and should never have been in the drawing...
- Avalon - Some cite the discovery of nine discarded ballots in northeastern Pennsylvania as an indicator of massive fraud in voting by mail. That's ridiculous. In the 2016 presidential election Trump...
- Stone Harbor - None of the stories of voter fraud have held up under examination, but all of these headlines about voter fraud — seen daily on Facebook and Twitter — serve a purpose: That purpose is this: In the (...
- North Wildwood - The country is at a crossroads. The Supreme Court hangs in the balance – and with it, the future of women's rights and voting rights, healthcare, climate policy and much more. Science is being...