Deborah Mattera (maiden name Keys), 66, of North Wildwood, NJ passed away on November 18, 2020. Born in Philadelphia, PA, she has been a local resident for over 40 years. She was retired from Sturdy Savings Bank in Avalon, NJ. She was a volunteer at St. Ann Regional School and Wildwood Catholic and a member of the Wildwood Civic Club Evening Division. Deborah lived her life with passion, joy, and generosity. Her family and friends will remember her as the life of the party and always willing to make you her famous candied yams. She is survived by her husband of 35 years Dominick Mattera. 2 daughters: Holly (Anson Bolinger) & Deborah (Daniel Ream). 1 granddaughter and her sister Faith Keys (Mark Nuszer). Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated 11am Monday Nov. 23rd at St. Ann’s Church, 2900 Atlantic Ave., Wildwood, NJ where friends may call from 10 am at the church. Because of the pandemic, family and friends are asked to practice social distancing. Interment will be in St. Mary’s Cemetery, Lower Township, NJ. A celebration of Deborah’s life will be planned for the spring. Condolences may be sent to ingersollgreenwoodfh.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- UPDATE: Search for Missing Man Suspended
- Middle Man Dies from COVID-19; 68 New Cases Reported
- Wildwood Agrees to Settlement with Woman in '18 Beach Arrest
- Middle Woman Dies from COVID-19; 58 New Cases Reported
- Burleigh Man Charged with Attempted Murder
- Cape Regional: Fewer COVID-19 Patients, More in ICU
- OC Loses 2 to COVID-19; 51 New Cases Reported
- County Loses 3 to COVID-19; 54 New Cases Reported
- Indictments Filed Nov. 24
- 2 Face Charges After Motor Vehicle Stop Yields Drugs, Weapon
- Villas - The President is due in Georgia soon. Will he talk about support for their Senate candidates or will he give the story of " Poor Mr. President " got shafted. If it's not about him,...
- Villas - To the responder when I mentioned I went to Cape May council meeting, she came back and asked why did I go to a meeting if I lived in the Villas. I assumed you would realize that I had lived in Cape...
- Villas - I find it unbelievable that Trump supporters think the Gov. Kemp and the Sec. of State of Ga. should lie because Trump lost and can’t except it. I was not brought up not to lie, and thankful these...
- Lower Township - Animal control is non-existent in Lower Township. Dogs jump fences and run through open gates because their owners are too lazy to close the gate behind them. If you call animal control, these owners...
- Wildwood - The bleak no hope year of 2020 is finally coming to a close. A vaccine has been found and a new honest government will begin. Enough is enough we have learned a lesson. Nothing is to be taken for...