John F. Aftanis (“Jack”), of Cape May, passed away one day short of his 82nd birthday on October 4, 2021. Born in Philadelphia, PA, Jack has been a resident of Cape May since 1976. He graduated from Father Judge High School in the first graduating class of 1957 and furthered his education at LaSalle University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering. Growing up, Jack frequently visited the Jersey Shore, spending time in Atlantic City and Sea Isle City before discovering Cape May and falling in love with the ocean, where he loved to sail and scuba dive. A man of honor, Jack proudly served in the United States Navy aboard the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Independence. As an Air Dale he was an electrical engineer on an AWax Plane. During his time of service, he flew missions that were monitoring Russian ships during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Jack started his professional career selling electronics, before moving to Cape May to start a career in Real Estate. After earning his Broker license, Jack opened Cape May Realty which has been serving the Cape May area as a family run business since 1982. Jack was a member of the Cape May Corinthian Yacht Club; Cape May Kiwanis Club, and after discovering golf became a member of Wildwood National Golf Club. Jack is dearly missed and forever loved by his family which includes his wife of 53 years, Bunny; one son, Justin (and Dawn) Aftanis; two grandchildren, Isabella and Gavin; one brother, Robert “Af” (and Maggie) Aftanis; as well as his niece and nephews. Jack’s funeral service will be held on Friday (Oct. 22nd) at 10am in the Church of the Advent, 612 Franklin St., Cape May. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions are suggested for Parkinson’s research, online at www.michaeljfox.org/donate or the Wounded Warriors’ Foundation online at https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org (Spilker Funeral Home, Cape May) info and condolences: spilkerfuneralhome.com
- Police Arrest 4 Cape May Restaurant Workers After ‘Wagon Wheel Scam’ Probe
- Ayne Zaberer, Wife of Local Restaurateur Legend, Dies
- 'Historic Grand Hotel’ in Cape May’s Future?
- Court House Man Charged for Woman’s Drug-induced Death
- Lower Man Dies from Covid; CMCo Reports Progress in Vaccinations
- Villas Family Still Needs Help Following July 23 Fire
- Wildwood, N. Wildwood Enter into Boardwalk Master Plan Agreement
- Mayor Pushes Ban for Private Events on Public Property
- Seawall Repairs Spark Construction Complaints
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Sept. 13-19, 2021
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Wildwood - Fidelity to Trump has transformed the GOP into a delusional, anti-democratic party that relies on a constant drumbeat of disinformation and the intimation that violence is an acceptable political...
- Cape May Court House - It's really nice to see how giving Governor Phil Murphy is to child care employees by giving them a bonus of $1,000 dollars. While healthcare, home improvement, discount retail employees get...
- West Wildwood - To the Upper Township person who said- "All these spouters that are STILL mentioning the past President". Well, I for one wish we were not still talking about Trump! The problem of course,...
- Sea Isle City - Why doesn’t anyone ask why Biden is afraid to take any spontaneous questions after his almost daily 5 minute TelePrompTer reads.? Anyone curious why the supposedly most powerful person on the planet...
- Cape May - Uh-oh! I see NJ Dept of Education is enabling schools to teach about climate change. How horrible! More proof that Marxists have taken over! C’mon, delusional deniers! Time to get out there and...