Dorothy Marie Mills, 90, of Cape May Court House, NJ passed away February 2, 2021. She was born in Atlantic City to the late Harry and Gladys (nee Smith) Near. She was a lifelong resident of Cape May County and member of Seaville United Methodist Church.She is survived by her children: Sharon (Lew) Conley, Dorothy (Joe) Scheufele, Colleen Adams, and Michael (Tina) Laughlin; stepson Rodney Mills of VA and stepdaughter Mandy (Brian) Mills of PA; grandchildren: Brandon McNulty, Carrie Hoffmann, Jacquie Martindale, David Martindale, Brian Scheufele, Dawn Daugherty, Erin Smith, Jaymee Adams, Kaeleigh Laughlin, Colin Laughlin, Connor Laughlin, Michele Mills, and Kendrick Gibbs; as well as 19 great grandchildren. She is predeceased by husbands, Harry Laughlin in 1987 and James Mills in 2010; and by granddaughter Emily Laughlin in 2011.She loved her family, Broadway, music, and God. “We will meet again some sunny day.” Services are private. Donations may be made to Seaville United Methodist Church, 3100 Shore Road, Seaville, NJ 08230 or at www.seavilleumc.net. Condolences at www.radzieta.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Marijuana Bills Signed into Law
- Indictments Filed Feb. 16
- Lower Man Dies from Covid; 35 New Cases Reported
- Frederick’s Suit Dismissed
- Lower Woman Dies from Covid; 44 New Cases Reported
- Fight Call Leads to Gun, Drug Charges
- Additional Arrest Made in Connection with Wildwood Carjacking
- County Loses 2 to Covid; 40 New Cases Reported
- Middle Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Dec. 21-27, 2021
- Capacity Limits Loosened for Religious Services, Sporting Events
- Sea Isle City - “Our office obtained the records (Trump et al)on Monday," said Vance (Manhattan DA) spokesman Danny Frost.” We now have two gold star states, NY State (tax)alongside Georgia (investigating...
- North Cape May - The New Jersey's teachers Union must be loving our governor ,who will be raising our taxes in his budget to help their pension .
- Cape May Court House - The vaccine roll out in Cape May County has been less than satisfactory. I am a 70 year old woman with 3 pre existing conditions. I have registered through the NJ state website 2 months ago. My...
- North Wildwood - My wife hates the new mail Trucks in Wildwood. She says that she can no longer hear them coming. She has mail laying on the end table. It's been there for 3 days. Guess we have to go out and...
- Clermont - Our county commissioners were going to get our Full Service MVC back in North Cape May. WHEN ?!