Murdock J. “Bruds” McDonald Jr. age 82 of Villas, passed away peacefully on Friday, September 18, 2020 at his home. He was a Cape May Co. resident for the past 20 years and formerly resided in the Bridesburg Section of Philadelphia, PA. Bruds was a retired commercial driver and had worked for Overnight Transportation out of Bensalem, PA. In later years he had worked part-time for the Cape May Lewes Ferry and the Lower Twp. MUA.He served his country in the US Army during the Cold War era. Bruds was a member of the DAV, Chapter 44 of Del Haven, Villas Fishing Club, Greater Cape May Elks Lodge #2839, VFW Post 5343 in Villas and a social member of the K of C hall in Erma. He enjoyed his family, the beach, dancing, fishing and darts. Bruds was a diehard Phila. Eagles fan. He is preceded in death by his parents, Murdock and Elizabeth McDonald and an older brother George. He is survived by his wife of 58 years, Dorothy; six children, Kimberly (Joe) Stahl, Lisa (Art) Williams, Kathy (John) Lovett, Nancy (Mike) Falcone, Laurie McDonald and James (Desirée) McDonald; his siblings Donald McDonald and Anne Harris. Bruds also leaves 11 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated 11 AM, Friday September 25, 2020 at St. John Neumann Parish/ St. John of God Church, 680 Townbank Road, North Cape May. There will be no calling time. Private burial will be held on a later date at the Cape May Co. Veterans Cemetery, Cape May Court House. In lieu of flowers Contributions in his memory may be made to DAV Chapter 44, 1010 Bayshore Road, Del Haven NJ 08251. Condolences will be received atwww.EvoyFuneralHome.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Woodbine Girl, 10, Awaits Kidney for Transplant
- SIC Man Dies from COVID-19; 9 New Cases Reported
- Suit Claims Avalon Public Works Employee Was Harassed by Supervisor
- Bride with Form of ALS Given Wedding by N. Wildwood, Others
- Woodbine Man, 77, Dies from COVID-19; 12 New Cases Reported
- County Reports 10 COVID-19 Cases
- 3 States Added to State's Virus Travel Advisory
- N. Wildwood Firefighters Douse Commercial Building Blaze
- Upper Committeeman Resigns Over Sexually Suggestive Facebook Posts of VP Candidate Harris
- Shore Medical Center Enforces No Visitor Policy
- Middle - There are plenty of reasons that military and ex-military are not voting Trump. It is not just that he got five deferments to get out of serving in Vietnam, or that he failed to confront Putin on...
- North Cape May - The person who trespassed on my property 10/18. You put a BLM sign over my Trump Pence sign. I do Not support this group. We all have freedom of speech but please put it on your own lawn not mine
- Cape May Court House - To the spouter who had their NJ Eppicard for child support hacked , the same exact thing happened to me for a large sum. What is going on here?
- Cape May County - Another payout if you keep your mouth shut. Former Cape May County Administrator Bozzelli is handed $270,000 and retires. How foolish are we County taxpayers to keep on voting these Freeholder...
- Villas - Quit looking into Biden's corruption. I am still voting for him.