Matthew Fowler (“Pete”), age 78 and a lifelong resident of Woodbine, passed away on July 9, 2020. He was born in Eldora, NJ, to the late Harry and Dorothy (nee Knoll) Fowler. Pete worked as a laborer doing heavy and general construction with the Local 172 Bordentown Labor Union. Both Pete and Karen were faithful members of Sword of Fire Christian Church in Woodbine. He is predeceased by his parents and 8 brothers and sisters, and is survived by his loving wife of 24 years, Karen (nee Shivers) Fowler and his three sons Justin (Beth) Takach, Joseph (Samantha) Giordano, Jr., and Jason (Amber) Bright, his 13 grandchildren, his brother Robert Fowler, his sisters Juanita Rizzo and Dorothy DeSantis and his nieces and nephews. A memorial service will be held at the Sword of Fire Church and will be announced at a later date. Contributions may be made in Pete’s name to the Sword of Fire Christian Church, 402 Adams Ave., Woodbine, NJ 08270. Condolences can be shared atwww.EvoyFuneralHome.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Court House Man Drowns in Residential Pool
- Joint Investigation Conducted into Erma Man's Death
- Tropical Storm Warning Issued for Cape May County
- Human Services Announces $38.5 Million in Additional Food Assistance
- Windrift Shelves Food, Beverage Service After Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
- County's COVID-19 Cases Rise by 5
- Archer Senft’s ‘Doing Great’ 5 Years after Diving Accident
- County's August Coronavirus Battle Begins With 6 New Cases
- County's Virus Metrics Increase by 9 Cases
- County Announces Cancellations, Closures Ahead of Isaias' Arrival
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Wildwood - I disagree with the spouter about the grass under the new sign on Rio Grande. What rocket scientist came up with that idea? Everyone knows we in Wildwood love blue, no pink, no let's stick with...
- Rio Grande - Talking to some friends that work in the county and one was upset that their gym was closed to COVID and that slot of employees are mad and the other employee said that the one in the admin building...
- Wildwood Crest - I figured if we all just "protest" together at the beach on a sunny day, a few "favorite restaurants, and then school for the kids, we should be perfectly fine. None of the "...
- Middle Township - I am a teacher and I would like to shut down these people who are posting about how easy teachers have it by allowing them to teach virtually(online) during this pandemic. Teaching classes online is...
- Wildwood - It’s sad to see the current divide in America. What most people don’t seem to understand is both the dems and repub’s are on the same team. All they wanna do is steal more money from the hard working...