Louis Michael Porto, 88, of Rio Grande, NJ departed this life August 28, 2021. He was born May 8, 1933 in Philadelphia, PA.Lou was a chef, a coach and teacher of Culinary Arts. He loved teaching the children of the Special Services School District. However his best loves were his family about whom he is most proud.He was predeceased by his parents and his son, Louis Jr. He is survived by his wife of 61 years, Gloria (Alfano), and his children: The Honorable John C. Porto and his wife Lisa; Michael A. Porto; and Rochelle A. Porto, also special needs teacher; his grandchildren: Alycia Solecki and her husband John, and Christopher Porto, and Laura Porto; and great grandchild: Ryann Rose Solecki.Special thanks to the Staff at Crest Haven Nursing Home for their compassionate care for Lou in his final days. The leader of the band is gone. He will be greatly missed.Mass Of Christian Burial will be held at 11:00 a.m. on September 27, 2021 at Saint John Neumann Parish, Saint John Of God Church, 680 Town Bank Road, North Cape May, NJ 08204, where visitation will be 10:00 to 10:45 a.m. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Cape May County Special Services School District, 148 Crest Haven Road, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210, or Cape May County Technical High School, 188 Crest Haven Road, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210, or a charity of one’s choice.www.radzieta.com
- Pennsylvania Woman Sues Morey's Piers
- Harbor Freight Tools Coming to Rio Grande
- Cape May Councilman Guilty of Stalking, Contempt
- Rio Entertainment Complex Advances
- Saint Mary by-the-Sea Closes with Ritual of Thanks, Blessing
- Bicyclist Struck by Motor Vehicle in Middle; Driver Arrested
- Beware of Calls from ‘Kelly Smith,’ CMCo Sheriff’s Office Urges
- Positive Covid Cases Reported at CMCo Schools
- Indictments Filed Sept. 21
- 3 Residents Die from Covid; County Reports Drop in RT
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- North Wildwood - The Elks volunteers did a great job controlling the crowds inside the Elks. I am proud to say I am an Elk member and a special thanks to everyone who worked free this weekend to make the Elks a fun...
- Cape May County - Put up barb wire fences around the Upper Township Dog Park. We don't need these dogs running wild around people's property!
- Cape May - Pretty sure Joe Biden doesn't read the Herald, especially Spout Off, but if he did, I would simply ask him to start leading our country. Perhaps some of the local politicians that read this...
- Middle Township - Whoever came up with National Daugherts Day is a little silly!!! All the social media posts in today's society is not needed.
- Middle Township - 5.7 million dollar expansion for the tech school. Hope they build bigger HVAC, plumbing, electrical and other trades classrooms. The county Commissioners need to start looking at what the county...