John M. Gray, age 70, passed away on Thursday, April 29, 2021. John was born in Philadelphia, PA. He was formerly of Lansdowne, PA and a North Cape May resident since 1995.John served in the US Navy before working for the United States Postal Service. He was a postal worker at several locations in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He was a volunteer firefighter at Lansdowne Fire Department and the Erma Fire Department. He was a member of the Erma Knights of Columbus and volunteered at St. John Neumann Parish. He enjoyed fishing, Scottish and military history and spending time with his grandchildren.John is predeceased by his father; John Gray, his two brothers, Mark and Paul. He was a devoted care giver to his wife, Ellen D. Gray, before her death in September, 2020. He is survived by his mother; Constance Gray, his sons; John J. (Beth) Gray and Brian (Erica) Gray and his grandchildren; JP, Nolan, Zoey and Donovan.Services for John will be held at 11am on Thursday, May 6, at the Evoy Funeral Home, 3218 Bayshore Rd., North Cape May where friends may call from 10am to 11am. Interment will be held immediately following the service at the Cape May County Veterans Cemetery. Donations in John's memory can be made to the Love of Linda Cancer Fund, PO Box 1053, Wildwood, NJ 08260 and condolences can be shared at www.EvoyFuneralHome.com.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- New NJ Driver’s License Law Takes Effect May 1
- Fire Official Arrested for Filing False Police Report
- Assault with Two-by-four Leads to Attempted Murder Charge
- Middle Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests February 2021
- Fire Torches Boat in Wildwood; 2 Injured
- 4 Children, 1 Adult Rescued from Burning Seaville Building
- Shooting of Man with Nail Gun Leads to Arrest for Attempted Murder
- 1 Killed, 5 Injured in Parkway Crash
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests April 19-25, 2021
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests April 12-18, 2021
- Wildwood Crest - Its time for the code department to stop giving warnings and start giving tickets. Weekenders leaving garbage bags out so the birds rip it open. Second home owners who don't take care of the...
- Cape May Coury House - I’ve never done a “spout”. But, as a long time member of the Middle Twp. Chamber, I’m compelled to publicly condemn the effort by a former Chamber President to destroy the reputation of our excellent...
- Tuckahoe - The economy is sinking just like this county !
- Cape May - What happened to the $100,000.00 COAH funds in Cape May ? Where is the investigation and return of the monies?
- Marmora - The Convenience store on Shore Road in Somers Point has closed due to a staffing shortage. The location is expected to reopen Friday depending on staffing levels, a company spokesperson said. It...