It is with heavy hearts we announce that on December 28, 2020 we said goodbye to Dorothy Ann (McCardell) Gannon. Born in Lancaster County Pennsylvania and raised in Quarryville, PA. She was the wife of William Gannon who predeceased her on December 3, 2020. They were happily married for 58 years and they lived in Wildwood, New Jersey. Both deaths were non-Covid related.A graduate of Solanco High School, Dotty worked as a sales clerk at Watt & Shand in Lancaster, PA and later married and moved to Wildwood, New Jersey. She and her husband Bill owned and operated the Premiere Motel for 50 years. Dotty’s many services to her town included ; Being a Member of the Wildwood Civic Club, Chaired Wildwood City parks revitalization and spearheaded Project Pride, a beautification program for the Bicentennial. She also served on the Zoning board for Wildwood for many years.Dotty loved to cook, bake, garden,bird watch,shop and go to Flea Markets. But spending time with her family was the most important thing to her.Dotty will be missed by her many close friends whom she loved dearly.Heaven gained an Angel but the world lost a beloved,caring,kindhearted person. Dotty loved the Lord and dedicated her life to her family. Dotty is survived by her son William Gannon and his wife Chris,her daughter Beth and husband Tim. Six grandchildren; Sean Gannon and his wife Alyssa, Shel Gannon and her partner Wesley, Dylan and his wife Emily, Grace, Timothy and Matthew Owen. Her three great grandchildren; Olivia, Joplyn and Freya.Dotty’s family are mourning their loss and planning a celebration of Bill and Dotty’s life this coming Spring/Summer.In lieu of flowers donations can be made to Crest Community Church More Than Enough Food Pantry 5901 Pacific Avenue Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260Condolences maybe sent toingersollgreenwoodfh.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Middle Woman Dies from Covid; 64 New Cases Reported
- Chipotle to Open First CMCo Location
- Indictments Filed Jan. 12
- Lower Man Dies from Covid; 71 New Cases Reported
- Avalon Nixes Proposed Dune Restaurant Plans
- Heroin Found During Wildwood Traffic Stop; 2 Arrested
- N. Wildwood Officials, Seaport Pier Owners Working to Resolve Environmental Violations
- Ocean View Firefighters Battle Motor Vehicle Fire
- CMCo Planning Expanded Vaccine Distribution
- Middle Man Dies from Covid; 116 New Cases Reported in 2-day Total
- Erma - Trump is moving all his personal belongings to Mar-a-Lago but because he declared the property commercial, he may not by law occupy the buildings as a personal residence. After a specified number of...
- Ocean View - Though it's very disheartening to hear of a US soldier accused of permoting damage to our forces, it's even more hurtful that the mainstream media is trying to use it as a tool.
- Avalon - Trump’s most enduring legacy could be the historic rise in the national debt. It rose almost $7.8 trillion during his time in the White House — approaching World War II levels, relative to the size...
- Sea Isle City - There's a dead seagull on top the Ludlam Thorofare bridge in the lane entering SIC for over a month.
- Avalon - John Sullivan, a professed BLM activist, is being held in federal prison for inciting a riot at the Capitol building. He claims he is innocent but videos of him say otherwise. Nancy Pelosi is in...