Geoffrey Andrew Carr, 72, of Cape May Court House, NJ, passed away on Thursday, February 4, 2021. Born on November 28, 1948 to Herbert (deceased) and Peg Hayes, Geoffrey grew up in a large household of four brothers and two sisters: David, Christopher, Matthew, Michael, Beverly, and Michelle. While growing up, he obtained his Eagle Scout Badge and went on to join the U.S. Navy. While in the Navy, he was an engineer on a nuclear sub in the South Pacific. After leaving the U.S. Navy, Geoffrey went on many adventures to include marrying his first wife Elaine, becoming a commercial fisherman, and then owning and operating his own sawmill. His union with Elaine resulted in two children, Steven (Tracey) Carr and Heather (Phillip) Johnson. Another grand adventure was when he married Catherine Siner. That union resulted with gaining another son, Timothy (deceased). Out of his children, he was blessed to have two grandsons, Rhine Siner and Andrew Johnson. Geoffrey always had a positive attitude, singing and whistling through life. Geoffrey was a generous and caring man, always helping his siblings and mother and anyone else he thought needed it.Funeral service will be held on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. at the Radzieta Funeral Home, 9 Hand Avenue, Cape May Court House, where viewing will begin at 9:30 a.m. Social distancing and masks are required. Interment will be in the Cape May County Veterans Cemetery. Condolences at www.radzieta.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Marijuana Bills Signed into Law
- Indictments Filed Feb. 23
- Lower Woman Dies from Covid; 44 New Cases Reported
- Fight Call Leads to Gun, Drug Charges
- County Loses 2 to Covid; 40 New Cases Reported
- Additional Arrest Made in Connection with Wildwood Carjacking
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Feb. 1-7, 2021
- Middle Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Dec. 21-27, 2021
- Lower Man Dies from Covid; 35 New Cases Reported
- Hotel, Motel Group Opposes Beach Tags in Wildwood Towns
- Sea Isle City - Why does Sea Isle City continue to neglect the north side of town? Something needs to be done about the flooding between 32nd and 36th. No other areas are as inundated as this area.
- Wildwood Crest - To those worried the nominal cost of a beach tag is going to wipe out the islands tourism business look back no further than last summer. Fuel was about .75 cents a gallon cheaper, the island was...
- Lower Township - Hey, we're all gonna save the planet by smoking pot!!! I guess more smoke in the atmosphere isn't harming anything as long as it's marijuana. Thats good smoke! My tree hugging...
- Cape May - Did ya hear Cape May is going to replace parking meters with charging stations for your cars? "not"!!! Silly Liberals, you thought that was a good idea huh... I wanna see all the places in...
- North Cape May - It's amazing if you dig, how many "vacations and places" the Obamas have gone on in their "PRIVATE JET" all over the world. But who wants to save the planet? Same with Mr....