Martin J. Connor, Jr. of Avalon, NJ died on Saturday June 29, 2019. He was 86.Born in Philadelphia, PA, son of the late Martin J. and Bridget Moran Connor, Marty lived in Bucks County for 36 years. In 2004, he moved to Avalon, the town where he had spent summers since 1963.A graduate of LaSalle College High School and LaSalle College, Martin served in the United States Navy before beginning a career in accounting and finance. He was a Certified Public Accountant and worked in several industries before retiring as Comptroller from Engelhard Corporation. Martin was active in his church community at St. Ignatius Parish in Yardley, St. Brendan the Navigator Parish on Seven Mile Island, and was a committed volunteer at Holy Redeemer Food Pantry of New Jersey.Martin was the husband of the late Margaret Kelly Connor, and brother of the late Sr. Theresa Connor, SSJ. He is survived by five children, Martin P. Connor (Regina), Matthew J. Connor (Susan), Maureen C. Hill (Brent), Margaret C. O’Brien (Terry), Molly C. Kelly (Brian); and fourteen grandchildren, Brendan, Kevin, Caitlin and Martin Connor, Colin, Jared and Keeley Connor, Kellen Hill,, Kate, Keira and Joseph O’Brien and Regan, Aidan and Maggie Kelly.His Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 3 at St. Ignatius Church, 999 Reading Avenue, Yardley, PA, where friends may call from 9:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Burial will follow at Our Lady of Grace Cemetery, Langhorne, PA. A memorial Mass will be celebrated at 11am Friday July 5 at Maris Stella Church, 252 50th Street (at Dune Drive) in Avalon, where friends may call from 10AM. In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to the Holy Redeemer Food Pantry, 1801 Route 9, North Swainton, NJ 08210.
- CG Responds to Sunset Lake Boat Crash; 4 Hurt
- Second Homeowners – Pay but No Say
- Crest Bike-Vehicle Crash Brings Call for Renewed Caution by Cyclists, Drivers
- CORRECTION: CG Cutter Rollin Fritch Finds 5 Recreational Fishing Boats in NC Waters Without Federal Permits
- Donation Box Dilemma: What Next?
- Tennessee Woman Charged with Burglary, Theft, Criminal Trespass
- Indictments Filed July 9
- Middle Township Police Report Weekly Arrests, Activity June 10-16, 2019
- Lower Township Police Weekly Activity, Adult Arrests June 24-30, 2019
- Appellate Court: Borough Must Pay Chief’s Award
- Wildwood - Witnessed a subcontractor with 3 big trucks, one a bucket truck,
- Court House - Cape Regional Medical Center was granted permission to convert t
- Villas - I wonder what the definition of classy is now in a time when you
- Wildwood - Why is Omar not being investigated for tax fraud and possibly ly
- Cape May - "Insanity" is doing the same thing over and over again and expec