On Tuesday, April 6th, 2021, Maryellen Hanstein, passed away. Maryellen was born on September 8th, 1964.Maryellen was a loyal friend, a joy, and light to so many. Maryellen connected with people instantaneously. She loved big and loved deep. Maryellen was a single working mother who raised and loved her son with everything she had. She couldn’t wait to be “Mom Mom” to her newborn grandsons. Maryellen loved the simple things in life; sunbathing by the beach, and taking her beloved dog, Lola, for walks. She will be deeply missed by so many friends and family.Maryellen was preceded in death by her step father, Al Copson, her mother, Helen Bell, and her brother Daniel Dever. She is survived by her son John, his wife Abigail, her grandchildren Levi Daniel and Benjamin, her brother John Dever and his wife Patty, and several nieces and nephews Colleen, Danielle, and Danny Dever, Zachary and Caitlin Dever, and Michael Copson.A funeral service with luncheon to follow will be held on Monday, April 26th at The Lighthouse Church at 12 p.m.The Lighthouse Church is located at 1248 Route 9 South, CMCH, NJ, 08210As an expression of sympathy, donations, cards or condolences may be labeled “Hanstein Family” and mailed to The Lighthouse Church.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Middle Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests February 2021
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder After Wildwood Stabbing
- Fire Official Arrested for Filing False Police Report
- Indictments Filed May 4
- New NJ Driver’s License Law Takes Effect May 1
- N. Cape May Home Improvement Store to Open in October
- 1 Death, 4 New Covid Cases Reported; CMCo Ends Daily Virus Update
- NJ Businesses Advised to Prepare for Plastic Bag Ban
- New Marijuana, Alcohol Laws Handcuff Police Officers
- Cape May Considers Parking Options
- North Wildwood - A federal judge Tuesday denied an effort by the National Rifle Association to file for bankruptcy protection, ruling that the gun rights group filed the case in an attempt to fend off a civil lawsuit...
- North Wildwood - Liz Cheney is being ousted because she is loyal to the conservative party, and not loyal to Donald Trump. Why should she be? He lost the presidency, the house and the senate for the republicans, and...
- West Cape May - To all of the restaurants in cape may that can't get cooks in the door for less than $20+, maybe people are tired of being treated as disposable, maybe their tired of the terrible hours.
- Wildwood Crest - To the spouter complaining about your garbage bags and your note left in the mailbox, be thankful that is all you got ! They very well could have fined you for being so negligent. Be a respectful...
- Upper Township - Plenty of jobs are out there. If you are holding out for 15 dollars an hour it's not happening. Keep dreaming.