George Kenneth Thompson (“Ken”), 81, of Cape May Court House, NJ, passed away September 27, 2021.Ken was born in Dias Creek, NJ on April 4, 1940 to parents George Carl and Margaret Camp Thompson (nee High) and has resided in Cape May Court House his entire life. He was a member of the First United Methodist Church of Cape May Court House, participating in Sunday School and later Sea Scouts, sponsored b the church. A graduate of Middle Township High School, Class of 1958, Ken served in the U.S. Army and the N.J. National Guard. He was employed by Acme Markets in Cape May Court House and then had 30 years as a lineman with N.J. Bell Telephone (now Verizon) until retirement.Ken passed away on September 27, 2021, after meeting the challenges and demands of pulmonary fibrosis for 14 years. His attitude and perseverance afforded him the ties and times with his treasures: family and friends.Ken is predeceased by his wife of 26 years: Robin Bond Thompson; in-laws Charles Bond and Philip Bond; nephews Robert (Bobby) Thompson and Andrew Bond. He is survived by his wife of 22 years: Margaret “Peg” Thompson (nee DeFrehn). He is also survived by his siblings: Robert of Port St. Lucie, FL, and Ronald (Patricia) of Crossville, TN; by in-laws Richard (Christine) DeFrehn, Barbara (Michael) Stockl; the Bond sisters-in-law: Kate, Anne Marie, Donna, and Patricia.He was fond of his family tree, especially the numerous nieces and nephews and their families: the Thompson branch, the DeFrehn/Stockl branch, the Bond branch. Ken was an exemplary outdoorsman. He pursued biking, camping, boating, crabbing, fishing, hunting, gardening, puttering in the backyard. He loved country music, dancing, karaoke, weekly Bell Telephone breakfasts at the Cape May County Airport, monthly CMCANGA (Army National Guard) breakfast meetings. He celebrated Labor Day Weekend at the annual NASW airfest. A memorable event was a trip on a B-17 vintage WWII airplane with Peggy’s uncle Art Tyas. Ken belonged to the Jersey Cape Hunting Club, Corbin City Hunting Club, and Maine Hunting Club.Ken and Peggy enjoyed traveling: Atlantic Coast, Florida, New England, Lancaster, PA, cruises (Alaska and Norway were favorites). As Ken’s final journey is complete, we are grateful for all your prayers and kindnesses. Ken’s favorite hymn “Just A Closer Walk With Thee” summarized all we have shared together. Ken has reached God’s kingdom shore.A celebration of life service will be private. Memorial gifts may be made to the Middle Township Volunteer Ambulance Corps, PO Box 331, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210 or Community Food Bank of NJ, 6735 Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234-3901. Condolences at radzieta.com
- Police Arrest 4 Cape May Restaurant Workers After ‘Wagon Wheel Scam’ Probe
- Ayne Zaberer, Wife of Local Restaurateur Legend, Dies
- 'Historic Grand Hotel’ in Cape May’s Future?
- Court House Man Charged for Woman’s Drug-induced Death
- Lower Man Dies from Covid; CMCo Reports Progress in Vaccinations
- Villas Family Still Needs Help Following July 23 Fire
- Wildwood, N. Wildwood Enter into Boardwalk Master Plan Agreement
- Mayor Pushes Ban for Private Events on Public Property
- Seawall Repairs Spark Construction Complaints
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Sept. 13-19, 2021
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Wildwood - Fidelity to Trump has transformed the GOP into a delusional, anti-democratic party that relies on a constant drumbeat of disinformation and the intimation that violence is an acceptable political...
- Cape May Court House - It's really nice to see how giving Governor Phil Murphy is to child care employees by giving them a bonus of $1,000 dollars. While healthcare, home improvement, discount retail employees get...
- West Wildwood - To the Upper Township person who said- "All these spouters that are STILL mentioning the past President". Well, I for one wish we were not still talking about Trump! The problem of course,...
- Sea Isle City - Why doesn’t anyone ask why Biden is afraid to take any spontaneous questions after his almost daily 5 minute TelePrompTer reads.? Anyone curious why the supposedly most powerful person on the planet...
- Cape May - Uh-oh! I see NJ Dept of Education is enabling schools to teach about climate change. How horrible! More proof that Marxists have taken over! C’mon, delusional deniers! Time to get out there and...