Mrs. Janet Martha Blomquist Young, 70, of Bryn Mawr, PA and Avalon, NJ; passed away Monday, February 3, 2020 in the Pruitt Health -Union Pointe Nursing and Rehabilitation in Monroe, NC. She was born June 4, 1949 to Alfred and Elizabeth Strain Blomquist in the Bronx, NY. On January 16, 1971 she married Robert "Bob" R. Young, Jr.She was preceded in death by her parents and son Dylan R. Young.Left to cherish her memory are her husband Bob Young; son Gregory Young and partner Sandra Liza; grandson Alexander Young; sister Joan Zak and husband William; brother Edward Blomquist and wife Joan; daughter-in-law Mitzi Young and several nieces and nephews.Mrs. Young graduated from Middletown HS, NJ (1967), and earned her Bachelors of Early Childhood Education from Moravian College (1971). Janet owned "Young World" nursery school for 16 years in Ocean View, Cape May County, NJ. She loved children and strived to make education fun for the students she taught. She enjoyed talking, singing and listening to music. She was caring and kind spirited toward all people. One of her favorite past times was walking the beaches of the New Jersey Shore. Janet was also an accomplished runner in her twenties. Janet and her husband Bob were members of Reach Community Church in Fort Pierce, FL.There are no immediate plans for a service. In lieu of flowers, the family ask that memorial gifts be made to Children, Inc. at https://childreninc.weshareonline.org/ .
To plant a tree in memory of JANET YOUNG as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Retirees Encouraged to Apply for 'Senior Freeze' Property Tax Relief Program
- Tough Choices Loom for Shore Communities
- Lower Township Police Officer Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Speigel Named N. Wildwood Construction, Fire, Zoning Official
- Say No to Dinner Clubs, OC Council Told
- Shared Fire, EMS Services Quizzed
- Indictments Filed Feb. 18
- Threat of Severe Weather Results in 'Code Blue' Declaration
- How Much Do Police Officers Make?
- Student Suspended for Shell Casing Possession, Permitted on Field Trip
- Rio Grande - Do you think you Middle Township will fix the bus stop shelter in Rio Grande by the fire station. It fell down months ago, and they took it away. Now I see people sitting there on the bench in the...
- Avalon - An Avalon Spouter thinks that "we took prayer out of schools." We did not. Any child may pray at any time in school, as long as doing so does not interfere with the purpose of school: to...
- Wildwood - A study recently released by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health declares there is no evidence “assault weapon” bans lead to a lower “incidence of fatal mass shootings. Why are our...
- West Wildwood - To the spouter and member of the CTWW who is concerned about the year-round residents group. You indicate you are a member of CTWW and you are feuding with local government and its supporters. The...
- Stone Harbor - I like bird watching as much as the next person and I am continually amazed at the fancy scopes and cameras that many use to pursue their hobby. I also understand the need to have tripods to support...