PIERCE,THOMAS EDWARD, JR.75, of Vineland, NJ passed away on June 4, 2019 at Inspira Medical Center. A viewing was held at the DeMarco-Luisi Funeral Home in Vineland on Saturday, June 8, 2019. A viewing will also be held on Sunday, June 16 in Hudson Falls, NY. Funeral services will be held at St. Mary's/St Paul's Church in Hudson Falls on Monday, June 17 at 11am. Burial will follow at St. Paul's Cemetery, New York.Thomas was born in Philadelphia to Thomas Edward and Bertha Marie (Kleschick) Pierce on September 15, 1943. He graduated from Cardinal Dougherty High School in 1961. He went on to earn a degree in Accounting from Lasalle University where he participated in their ROTC program. After graduating, Thomas married JoAnn Fitzgerald and proudly served in the United States Army as a Second Lieutenant, where he was introduced to computers. After he was honorably discharged, Thomas moved to the Vineland area with his family and worked as a computer analyst for multiple companies, which led him to start his own consulting company writing software programs for municipalities across South Jersey.Thomas enjoyed spending time with his family, attending sports events, musical concerts, plays, and everything his daughters and granddaughters participated in. He was their biggest fan. He also enjoyed spending time at family parties and gatherings. One of his favorite things was cooking. He loved being the camp cook at the family's Hunting camp each November. He was an avid musician playing drums in High School and College in their Marching bands. He was a member of "Gil and his Premiers", a 50s and 60s rock group in Philadelphia who played locally and went on to make some records. In his later years, one of his favorite things was sharing and talking about his Book "The Last Rose". He attended the MACHUO conference each year to share his stories when meeting the new Lisa A Pierce VIPS. The program created by his late daughter. He also enjoyed attending the Annual Men's Retreat at Malvern. He lived a fascinating life.Thomas is survived by his daughter, Kathleen; granddaughters, Kayla and Emily Cejkovsky of Sewell; his companion, Gert Sharpe of Cape May County; brother-in-law, George Fitzgerald and his wife Anne; Sister-in-law, Mary Davis and her husband James; brother-in-law, Michael Fitzgerald and his wife Tina, and several cousins, nieces, and nephews.He is preceded in death by his wife, JoAnn (Fitzgerald) Pierce; his mother, Bertha (Kleschick) Pierce; his father, Thomas E Pierce, and daughter, Lisa Ann Pierce.
- Carbine Found as Police Search Vehicle; Man Charged
- Wildwood Police: Drinking Alcohol on Boardwalk Leads to Fugitive's Arrest
- Indictments Filed June 11
- Middle Township Police Report Weekly Arrests, Activity April 29-May 5, 2019
- Tech Employees’ Jobs Safe
- Indictments Filed June 4
- Cape Counseling Merger to Occur July 1
- Human Intervention Spurs Recovery
- Lower Township Police Weekly Activity, Adult Arrests May 20-26, 2019
- Square Peg Round Hole Eatery Brings a Twist on Classics to North Wildwood
- Wildwood - Wildwood, please fix the roads that you are responsible for.
- North Wildwood - A major grocery store chain in the south posts this sign at the
- Erma - The weekend of June 14-16 was probably the nicest weather weeken
- Sea Isle City - We do not need a public pool and recreation center that will cos
- Cape May - I pray a Democrat wins the presidential election, then carbon fo