Betty Lou (Stewart) Murphy, formerly of North Cape May, NJ, age 82, passed away peacefully on January 14, 2020. She lived the last nine years of her life at The Clare Estate in Bordentown, NJ.She was born October 24, 1937 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to the late Kendall Stewart and Agnes (McQuillan) Stewart. Betty had one brother, the late James Stewart.Her three sons and their families survive Betty: Kendall Murphy, Daniel and Bernadette Murphy and James and Angela Murphy. She was the loving grandmother to her nine grandchildren: Scarlett Murphy, Patrick Murphy, Madison Murphy, Keira Murphy, Taylor Murphy, Greyson Murphy, Capriana Murphy, Kelly Scott, and Katelyn McCafferty.Betty Lou grew up in Philadelphia, and graduated from Bartram High School in 1955. For over forty years Betty lived in Cape May, New Jersey. She enjoyed being near the beach and spending quality time with her family. She would often visit the nearby Cape May Lewes Ferry. Motherhood was everything to Betty. She treasured her children and embraced every moment with them. Betty especially loved her role as Mom-Mom Jersey. She was a witty, spunky, and independent woman who lived life according to her own terms!Family and friends are invited to Fernwood Cemetery, 6501 Baltimore Avenue, Lansdowne, PA 19050 on February 22, 2020, at 2:00 PM, where Betty will be buried with her parents. Condolences can be shared at www.EvoyFuneralHome.com.
To plant a tree in memory of BETTY MURPHY as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Police Chief Reflects on Security for Trump’s Visit
- Retirees Encouraged to Apply for 'Senior Freeze' Property Tax Relief Program
- Tough Choices Loom for Shore Communities
- Indictments Filed Feb. 11
- Say No to Dinner Clubs, OC Council Told
- Lower Township Police Officer Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Shared Fire, EMS Services Quizzed
- Threat of Severe Weather Results in 'Code Blue' Declaration
- How Much Do Police Officers Make?
- Claudio’s Pizza Kitchen Brings Fresh, Healthy Food to Cape May Court House
- West Wildwood - The spout reaching out to "year round residents who endure harsh winters"- I am one of those people. I've lived here 15 years and am a member of the CTWWW. It is a group for everyone...
- Avalon - When Thomas Jefferson said, “Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the...
- Wildwood - If Wildwood and North Wildwood are looking into shared services for fire and ems, they should also look at the police? We have 4 police chiefs and about 100 officers to cover roughly five square...
- Dennis Township - I don't think Mr. Bloomberg would make a good president. He is to used to having everything his way with zero tolerance for opposition. Some might say Trump is the same, but I disagree. W...
- Villas - Why does a woman constantly bring her new baby to a local school to visit her friends for a social hour when she doesn’t even work there? This is professional environment, not a hangout. How is she...