John Chamberlain, age 85, of Coventry, Rhode Island formerly of Salem and West Cape May passed away Monday, June 3, 2019 at the home of his son and daughter-in-law, John and Linda Chamberlain. Born in Salem, he was the son of the late Joseph and Marion Thomas Chamberlain. John was the owner and operator of Chamberlain's Furniture Store on East Broadway in Salem. He was a member the Eagle's Lodge Aerie 1966 of Salem where he was a Golden Eagle. John was an avid fisherman and loved boating. In addition to his son and daughter-in-law, he is survived by his daughter, Theresa Lynn Chamberlain; brother, Joseph Chamberlain; sisters, Janet Adel Voight and Agnes R. Chamberlain; his grandchildren, John Anthony Chamberlain and Lauren Marie Chamberlain. John is predeceased by his wife, the former Gwyneth Brabham Chamberlain. Mass of Christian Burial was said, 12:00 noon, Monday, June 10th in St. Mary's Church, 25 Oak St., Salem. Friends called from 11:00 to 11:45 AM, before the Mass, at WOODSIDE FUNERAL HOME, 34 Oak Street, Salem. A Visitation was also held from 6:00 to 8:00 PM Sunday evening, June 9th at the funeral home. Burial in the church cemetery.
- Can Beachgoers Walk the Beach Without a Tag?
- Wildwood Police Seek ID on Owner of Dog that Bit Child
- Indicments Filed Aug. 13
- Crest Police Arrest 2 Philadelphians after Car Crashes into Barricade
- UPDATE: Owner of Dog that Bit Child Goes to Wildwood Police
- Co. Prosecutor: No Charges to Be Filed in Fatal OC Motor Vehicle Crash
- Fire Departments Respond to Cape May Blaze
- Vandalism Continues
- North Wildwood Police Activity, Arrest Report for July 1-15, 2019
- Prosecutor: 'No Known Threat' to Rio Walmart
- Cape May - How can people in Cape May, West Cape May and Cape May Point tak
- Avalon - Any further consideration of allowing dogs on the beach and boar
- Villas - If a man or woman is receiving any type of assistance from the s
- Villas - Many politicians as well as many citizens are willing to trade l
- Stone Harbor - In reference to the spouter who flew over her handlebars because