Robert (“Bobby”) Harris, age 78, of West Cape May, departed this life on September 11, 2020. Bobby was a graduate of Lower Cape May Regional High School where he lettered in track. He volunteered to serve his country in the US Marine Corps from 1963 – 1968 and completed two tours of duty in Vietnam. When he returned home, he worked in his father’s masonry business and did local jobs around the area. He was well known for bringing little gifts to his friends and family. He was a lifelong resident of Cape May and was proud of his more than two hundred years of family history in the area. If you had a historical question about Cape May he would always know the answer. He was kind and had a gentle heart. His wonderful smile will be missed by his family and friends. For the last two years he lived joyfully at Victoria Commons Assisted Living where he made many new friends. He was preceded in death by his parents, Clara and Jake Harris of West Cape May and sister, Jacki Suggs. Bobby is forever loved by his family which includes his daughter, Angela (Truman) Mincy; granddaughter, Laila; sister, Pamela (Doug) Young; many nieces, nephews and cousins. He had a special relationship with his nephew, Antwone and niece, Alijah. A viewing will be offered from 10am until 11am on Thursday (Sept. 17th) at the Spilker Funeral Home, 815 Washington St, Cape May, NJ. Bobby’s graveside ceremony with military honors will be private at the Veterans Cemetery in Cape May Court House, NJ.Info and condolences:spilkerfuneralhome.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Goshen Man, 26, Dies in Crash
- HVAC Worker Recorded Multiple Victims in Cape Tech Bathroom, Investigation Finds
- UPDATE: Swimmer Dies After Being Pulled from Water Off N. Wildwood Beach
- Middle OKs Trick-or-treat Hours
- Lower Man, 71, Dies from COVID-19; New Cases Reported
- Middle Approves Land Sale
- Murphy Extends Public Health Emergency
- County Reports 8 New COVID-19 Cases
- Memorial Reef Provides Eco-friendly Final Resting Place
- What Does CMCo Look Like Post-COVID-19?
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- North Cape May - Hearing people complain about not getting their huge $9000 unemployment check makes me sick. Where is the extra compensation for the essential workers who were forced to risk our lives everyday to go...
- Erma - Trump’s refusal to condemn white supremacy and telling them to “Stand back and stand by” means exactly what? Permission to proceed with their racial hatred? The accusations and name-calling...
- Cape May - Cape May receives grants every year and the Cape May Facebook page never post about the grants. Now for the first time the Cape May Facebook page post about a grant revived with the mayors face as...
- Sea Isle - To the Cape May spouter re: Warren Buffet. Your post is wrong. What he said was he paid a lower RATE than his secretary, and with Trump's tax bill, that rate is even LOWER. Buffet also worked...
- North Wildwood - Why didn't the fact that there were thousands of people without masks crowding into bars on Olde New Jersey Avenue over the weekend make the news? Or the fact that the police on duty at Olde New...