Maurice Kimsey born November 28, 1931 to Raymond and Elma Kimsey and died on May 15th in the year 2020. Maurice was a carpenter and worked in the family business in the Wildwood's until he retired in 1990. He loved to fish and hunt in his native home of Cape May County. He served his country in the National Guard for 25 years when he retired as a Master Sergeant. Maurice is predeceased by his wife Naomi Kimsey and leaves behind his two children David (Donna) Kimsey and Ruth Romano (Allen) and sister Marie Morey née Kimsey. Grandchildren Kathryn Mortensen née Kimsey, James Kimsey and Jeffrey Romano and great grandchild Landon Mortensen. He was a beloved husband, father and uncle and is sorely missed.Condolences can be shared at www.EvoyFuneralHome.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Planned Rio Protest Canceled
- W. Wildwood, Sea Isle Focus of County's May 30 Virus Report
- Erma Man Arrested in Avalon, Charged With Several Offenses
- May’s Final Weekend Begins with 6 New Cases, 1 Death
- Case Count Up by 18 as Freeholders Allow Short-term Rentals
- County's Fresh Virus Cases Back to Single Digits
- May Ends With 3 New Cases
- June Begins With 10 New Cases, 1 Death
- Pennsylvania Man Charged with Burglary for Wildwood Business Raid
- Parents Urged to Watch for MIS-C Symptoms
- Sea Isle City - City officials stated we would have an overnight crew of firefighters starting by Memorial Day. I stopped by the station after hearing their siren, and a firefighter told me that they haven't...
- Avalon - Was Freeholder Pierson serious with his reply when asked when the county would reopen? When asked about a schedule for reopening the county, Pierson said, “The governor marches to his own drummer.”...
- Wildwood - I caution the regulars here who knee-jerk for/against certain political issues. I just watched Gov Cuomo throw the NYC mayor under the bus on the poor performance of the 38,000 NYC police to “stop...
- Upper Township - Anyone smell a tax increase in a town near you. Here comes the CFO’s reporting revenue shortages. Maybe they should have looked up the definition of furlough and saved money that way. Going to...
- Wildwood Crest - "He used violent means to ask to be escorted across the park into the courtyard of the church," Bishop Budde of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington said. "He held up his Bible after...