David M. Dunn, 84, of Wildwood Crest, met up with his Father in Heaven on May 2, 2021. Mr. Dunn was one of the first single-parent dads in the 1970s, in Silver Spring, Md. Mr. Dunn was born in Washington, DC, and worked as daily newspaper distributor for the Washington Star and other newspapers, from which came his nickname Mr. Sun (Baltimore paper), Moon (Washington Times published by Rev. Moon) and Star. He was also nicknamed for his spirituality Daddy Grace by Southern Maryland family members.On the island of Wildwood, Dave could be found daily doing service work for AA at the clubhouse and at many 12 step meetings in the county.In his younger days, Mr. Dunn was a vicarious hippie, marrying a “younger” woman Jacqueline Hendrickson with hair down to her knees, who has survived him. He is also survived by his four children Jeannie Paty, Mike Dunn, John Dunn, and Kathy Seymour. Other survivors are grandchildren Kristen, John, Holly and Kurt Seymour, Allen and Sarah Paty. He also has a surviving sister Jean Richelsen.Mr. Dunn will be buried at the Veterans Cemetery on Friday, May 7 at 1pm and condolences can be expressed at www.ingersollgreenwoodfh.com.Donations can be sent in his memory to Notre Dame de la Mer where he was a faithful worshipper.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- New NJ Driver’s License Law Takes Effect May 1
- Fire Official Arrested for Filing False Police Report
- Assault with Two-by-four Leads to Attempted Murder Charge
- Middle Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests February 2021
- Fire Torches Boat in Wildwood; 2 Injured
- 4 Children, 1 Adult Rescued from Burning Seaville Building
- Shooting of Man with Nail Gun Leads to Arrest for Attempted Murder
- 1 Killed, 5 Injured in Parkway Crash
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests April 19-25, 2021
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests April 12-18, 2021
- Marmora - The Convenience store on Shore Road in Somers Point has closed due to a staffing shortage. The location is expected to reopen Friday depending on staffing levels, a company spokesperson said. It...
- Wildwood Crest - Its time for the code department to stop giving warnings and start giving tickets. Weekenders leaving garbage bags out so the birds rip it open. Second home owners who don't take care of the...
- Cape May Coury House - I’ve never done a “spout”. But, as a long time member of the Middle Twp. Chamber, I’m compelled to publicly condemn the effort by a former Chamber President to destroy the reputation of our excellent...
- Tuckahoe - The economy is sinking just like this county !
- Cape May - What happened to the $100,000.00 COAH funds in Cape May ? Where is the investigation and return of the monies?