Kerry Roland Higgs Senior, 69, of Middle Township, NJ passed away Sunday, September 12, 2021. He has been a life long resident of Cape May County. He and his wife Toni spent 10 wonderful years in Ellicottville, NY, in their home overlooking the hills and ski slopes where she was raised. Kerry was a prideful 25-year veteran of the Wildwood Police Department, a Security Guard for the Cape May County Zoo, a former Army National Guardsman, a volunteer firefighter for Ellicottville Fire Department, a perfect Pop-Pop to 11 grandchildren, amazing husband to Toni and the best father anyone could have!He is survived by his loving wife of 25 years, Toni Higgs (nee Kerns). His children Teresa Garwood (Mike), Elizabeth Fickes (Jimmy), his son Kerry Higgs Jr. (Christi), Michele Rhodes (Don), Peter Welch and Melissa Carmela. He was blessed with an entourage of grandkids: Riley, Caleb, Angel, Conner, Katie, Abby, Corbin, Tommy, Kolin, Rhandi and Knox. His sister, Lisa Higgs.In lieu of flowers the family suggests a donation to the Cape May County Zoo or a charity of your choice.A gathering of family and friends will be held at the Cape May County Park and Zoo at 11am at Pavilion D on Thursday September 16th. At noon the family will ask their guests to share a memory of their time with Kerry followed by a toast to his life. Condolences at ingersollgreenwoodfh.com
- Pennsylvania Woman Sues Morey's Piers
- Harbor Freight Tools Coming to Rio Grande
- Cape May Councilman Guilty of Stalking, Contempt
- Rio Entertainment Complex Advances
- Saint Mary by-the-Sea Closes with Ritual of Thanks, Blessing
- Bicyclist Struck by Motor Vehicle in Middle; Driver Arrested
- Beware of Calls from ‘Kelly Smith,’ CMCo Sheriff’s Office Urges
- Positive Covid Cases Reported at CMCo Schools
- Indictments Filed Sept. 21
- 3 Residents Die from Covid; County Reports Drop in RT
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- North Wildwood - The Elks volunteers did a great job controlling the crowds inside the Elks. I am proud to say I am an Elk member and a special thanks to everyone who worked free this weekend to make the Elks a fun...
- Cape May County - Put up barb wire fences around the Upper Township Dog Park. We don't need these dogs running wild around people's property!
- Cape May - Pretty sure Joe Biden doesn't read the Herald, especially Spout Off, but if he did, I would simply ask him to start leading our country. Perhaps some of the local politicians that read this...
- Middle Township - Whoever came up with National Daugherts Day is a little silly!!! All the social media posts in today's society is not needed.
- Middle Township - 5.7 million dollar expansion for the tech school. Hope they build bigger HVAC, plumbing, electrical and other trades classrooms. The county Commissioners need to start looking at what the county...