It is with great sadness we announce the death of Mary Charlene Poulson age 75 of Cape May, NJ . She passed away after a brief illness on October 29, 2020 at her second home in Sebastian FL. Charlene was born at the Coast Guard Base in Cape May NJ to the late Russell Poulson and the late Kathryn Augusta (nee Rosell) Poulson. Charlene was raised in the Cape May area and graduated form Lower Cape May Regional High and was a member of the National Honor Society. She also was a graduate of Wesley College in Dover DE where she is a member of their Alumni Association. Charlene had worked for over 30 years as a secretary for Atlantic Electric in Pleasantville. She was an avid outdoors person and grew up at the beach. She enjoyed kayaking, spending time at Pease Pond in Wilton, Maine and riding horses in her earlier years where she had been a Grand Champion with her horse Echo. She was a friend of “Bill”. She is survived by her sister Kathryn Charlotte Thogersen and partner Louise Riendeau. She was preceded in death by her ex-husband Robert Cushman. A graveside service for Charlene will be held next summer at the Cold Spring Cemetery. Contributions in her memory may be made to the Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612. Condolences will be received at www.EvoyFuneralHome.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- 3 from Rio Grande Face Meth Charges
- Answers to Mark Himebaugh’s Disappearance Sought 29 Years Later
- County Reaches 100 COVID Deaths; 43 New Cases Reported
- COVID-19 Update: CMCo Nears High-risk Category for Transmission
- County Reports 2 Deaths, 64 New Cases
- County Reports 43 New Resident COVID-19 Cases, 2 Non-resident Cases
- Indictments Filed Nov. 10
- County Reports 2 COVID-19 Deaths, 40 New Cases
- State Police Search for Suspected CVS Shoplifters
- County Reports 35 New COVID-19 Cases
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Dennis Township - Why isn’t more being done to collect child support from dead beat parents? It’s a felony if a person abuse an animal but the custodial parent has a hard time trying to collect back child support....
- North Wildwood - It seems to be a dangerous circumstance that a school would have a teacher who is a also a bartender, in times that identify bars as major virus spreading locations.
- Villas - To the North Cape May spouter asking about county workers schedule. It’s fake news! Sorry to burst your bubble but counties workers are full time, every week unless using their own paid time off....
- Stone Harbor - An add on to my earlier spout off: The contractor for Tappan Zee had a weekly progress check and if they didn’t complete that weeks assignment they were fined. Local government has to contribute in...
- Stone Harbor - Hey Stone Harbor council wake up and start to tighten your fiscal belt and get the ball rolling with the county and start plans for replacing the 96th Street Bridge. One lane restriction now will...