Joseph W. Priest, age 70, of Cape May, New Jersey and formerly of Glendora, New Jersey departed this life on January 18, 2021 after a brief illness.Joe is preceded in death by his parents Joseph H. and Ethel Priest and is survived by his devoted wife Cheryl, his dear sister Shirley and her husband Glenn Strunk, as well as, many close relatives, dear friends and associates.Joe was a veteran of the Vietnam War having served his country in the United States Army. Prior to and after his military service Joe was employed by the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard as a pipefitter/planner-estimator. Upon his retirement in 1995, Joe moved to Cape May and started a successful marine canvas fabrication business that he operated until his death.A memorial and graveside service for Joe will be held at Eglington Cemetery, 320 Kings Highway, Clarksboro, NJ 08020 at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, please donate in Joe's name to The USO at United Service Organtzations (uso.org)/donate/donate-in-honor.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Suit Alleges Workplace Harassment by Cape May Lifeguard
- Indictments Filed Feb. 23
- Pot’s Legal; Towns Weigh Options
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Feb. 1-7, 2021
- Enhanced SNAP Benefits to Continue in March
- County Loses 2 to Covid; 36 New Cases Reported
- NJ Lottery to Suspend Ticket Purchasing Feb. 26 for System Upgrade
- Former OCHS Teacher Charged for Reported ’16 Sexual Assault
- County Reports 23 New Covid Cases
- County Loses 2 to Covid; 40 New Cases Reported
- Lower Township - Lower Township has cut off it’s tax paying citizens from attending meetings virtually during a pandemic . All because they couldn’t handle an overwhelming amount of callers discussing a controversial...
- Cape May - Where is the #Metoo movement? I'm hearing crickets in the night. I haven't heard any of the left condemning Cuomo! I haven't heard any of the late night show saying a word. Whoopi...
- Stone Harbor - Gas prices have risen about 80 cents a gallon since Election Day. Close to 40 cents a gallon since shutdown of XL pipeline. What more is to come from the new administration.
- Cape May Court House - What is wrong with the Biden team. They are letting thousands of illegal immigrants cross the Mexican border. We do not know who these people are and what diseases they carry. Covid??? Biden has made...
- Cape May County - Kids....you play sports, wear your masks!!!!