Clifford Matthew Buggs, Jr. (Butch), 56, of Johns Creek, Georgia, passed away peacefully, Wednesday, August 13, 2019.Clifford was born December 14, 1962 in Waycross, Georgia to Clifford and Miriam (Sarjeant) Buggs. He was raised in Jacksonville, Florida where he graduated from Jean Ribault High School in 1980. He played trumpet for the Marching 100 at Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, Fl and the Congo Band at Busch Gardens in Tampa, Fl.In 1983, he joined the United States Coast Guard and was first stationed in Mobile, AL where he met and married his wife, Lorna (Howard) Buggs. They raised 3 beautiful daughters together. He retired from the USCG after 24 years where he was known by many as the band director, Chief Buggs in Cape May, NJ. During his time in Cape May, he was lead trumpet for the Carl Granieri Orchestras & Jersey Shore Pops where he was also music writer/arranger. He loved being involved in Friends of Jazz in Cape May-Jazz Festival as well.Clifford was a musician, mentor, teacher, fisherman, motorcyclist, video gamer, and roller blade-dancing extraordinaire. He touched so many lives with his loving, positive, playful, strong and encouraging energy. Music is what he truly lived for and he will always be remembered with a trumpet in his hands.Clifford will be dearly missed by his three daughters, Courtney, Lia and Carol Buggs, his wife, Lorna (Howard) Buggs; two granddaughters, Lillian and Clara Hemmingway, his parents, Clifford and Miriam (Sarjeant) Buggs, his sister Lorna Buggs and his brother Terence Buggs along with several uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces and nephews.A celebration of life service will be held at 11:00 AM, Saturday, August 24, 2019 at Mt. Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 1620 Helena Street, Jacksonville, FL 32208.
- Plans Unveiled for County Commons in Rio Grande
- Hotel Protests Continue
- Wrecking Ball Missed 1729 House
- Indictments Filed Oct. 8
- Lower Township Police Weekly Activity, Adult Arrests Sept. 16-22, 2019
- Lower Township Police Weekly Activity, Adult Arrests Sept. 23-29, 2019
- Coastal Flood Warning Issued
- Indictments Filed Oct. 2
- Van Drew: Impeachment Would Divide Nation
- North Wildwood Police Department Activity, Arrest Summary for Sept. 1-15, 2019
- Wildwood Crest - To the Wildwood Crest spouter who wants "full-time residents of Wildwood Crest to drop this beach-tag thing." Some of us who are full time want beach tags because we are tired of how our...
- Villas - There were two occasions recently, where I had my young grandchildren in my car, and was doing the speed everyone else was, and a huge, commercial truck came up on my rear bumper doing 60 mph on...
- Rio Grande - How long do people have to change their auto plates to N.J. plates? I've seen vehicles with Florida plates who live here year round for years and have never changed them.
- Cape May - We need to free education from corporate grips, then develop a vision of what education should be.
- Wildwood - Instead of putting up billboards, why don’t the candidates for mayor of Wildwood have a debate where the public can ask questions about the issues facing the town?