Ferguson, Jr., John “Jack” 84 – of Avalon, NJ passed away Friday, August 9, 2019. He was born in Philadelphia to the late John and Janet Ferguson, Sr. He is predeceased by his wife of 56 years, Laura in 2016; his son John IV in 2017; and his sister, Charlotte Smith in 2009. Jack is survived by his son, Robert (Jenn Reichle) Ferguson, Sr.; daughter-in-law Carol Ferguson; sisters: Janet Cornagie and Doris Erdman; family friend Gloria Gibson; Goddaughter Deborah Dolfo; and cousin Walt Schaffer. He will be sadly missed by his grandchildren: Robert, Andrew, Johnny, Kirsten, Joseph, Kimmy, Zac, and Drew; nieces and nephews; and great grandchildren: Olivia and Abigail Spencer.Jack was a graduate of Northeast Public High School in Philadelphia and later served four years in the US Navy during the Korean War. He was President of Ferguson Dechert Real Estate, a member of the Avalon Volunteer Fire Department, and a member of the First United Methodist Church of Avalon where he sang in the choir. Jack loved to fish and golf.Funeral services will be Friday, August 16, 2019 at First United Methodist Church of Avalon, 3344 Dune Drive, Avalon, NJ 08202. Viewing will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Service will begin at 11 a.m. Interment is private. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Jack’s name to the First United Methodist Church of Avalon Memorial Fund. Condolences at www.radzieta.com
- Can Beachgoers Walk the Beach Without a Tag?
- Wildwood Police Seek ID on Owner of Dog that Bit Child
- Indicments Filed Aug. 13
- Crest Police Arrest 2 Philadelphians after Car Crashes into Barricade
- Co. Prosecutor: No Charges to Be Filed in Fatal OC Motor Vehicle Crash
- Fire Departments Respond to Cape May Blaze
- Vandalism Continues
- Prosecutor: 'No Known Threat' to Rio Walmart
- Reefs Beef up Bay Beaches
- Middle Township Police Report Weekly Arrests, Activity July 1-7, 2019
- North Wildwood - I saw on the news that the Philadelphia Mayor’s daughter and a N
- Wildwood Crest - There are numerous spouts about the revenue beach tags would bri
- North Cape May - Hopefully the Aquatic Center will be voted out in November.
- Wildwood Crest - Those who want beach tags in the Wildwoods should realize that t
- Cape May - The bridge into Cape May is a hazard with the bicycles.