Doris Florence Knickerbocker, 95, (nee Davis) of the Villas for the past 35 years, passed away on August 30, 2020 at the home of her nephew and care giver Jack Schissler in Millsboro, Delaware. Doris was the wife of the late Leroy Knickerbocker and George Schissler Sr., She was predeceased by her only child, son George Schissler Jr., Doris was the sister of the late Minerva Schissler (her twin) and her brothers the late Edward and Robert Davis. Doris is survived by nieces and nephews.Doris retired from the Keebler Baking Company of Philadelphia after 30+ years working as a product packer, Doris also Volunteered at Cape Regional Hospital for 18 years.At Doris's request burial service was private at Eglington Cemetery, Clarsboro, NJ
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Goshen Man, 26, Dies in Crash
- HVAC Worker Recorded Multiple Victims in Cape Tech Bathroom, Investigation Finds
- UPDATE: Swimmer Dies After Being Pulled from Water Off N. Wildwood Beach
- Middle OKs Trick-or-treat Hours
- Lower Man, 71, Dies from COVID-19; New Cases Reported
- Middle Approves Land Sale
- Murphy Extends Public Health Emergency
- County Reports 8 New COVID-19 Cases
- Memorial Reef Provides Eco-friendly Final Resting Place
- What Does CMCo Look Like Post-COVID-19?
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Wildwood - Why did Biden say he did not support the Green New Deal at the debate? When his campaign website says that he believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we...
- Cape May - RE: The Ballot question in CM. I read in an article in the Herald that when candidates Mullock and Bezaire stated that Ms. Hendricks had not filed properly, and should never have been in the drawing...
- Avalon - Some cite the discovery of nine discarded ballots in northeastern Pennsylvania as an indicator of massive fraud in voting by mail. That's ridiculous. In the 2016 presidential election Trump...
- Stone Harbor - None of the stories of voter fraud have held up under examination, but all of these headlines about voter fraud — seen daily on Facebook and Twitter — serve a purpose: That purpose is this: In the (...
- North Wildwood - The country is at a crossroads. The Supreme Court hangs in the balance – and with it, the future of women's rights and voting rights, healthcare, climate policy and much more. Science is being...