On Sunday, June 21, 2020 Kitty Hamann (Walizer), devoted wife and loving mother and grandmother passed away at the age of 73.Kitty was born in Sea Isle City, New Jersey to Howard E. Walizer Jr. and Frances Bushnell Walizer on March 6, 1947. On August 2, 1970, she married John W. Hamann Sr. who has remained her faithful and doting husband and she leaves behind two children, “Duke” John Hamann Jr. (Penny) and Jaclyn Krachun (Jeff) as well as four grandchildren, Trinity, Allison, Jackson, and Jolene. She also leaves behind her sister Karen Poptic (George).She worked for the Dennis Township School District for twenty years and has been remembered for her commitment to her job and attention to detail. She also spent a substantial amount of time working for Hamann’s Family Fare and Chelsea Title and Trust Company.Kitty was raised as a member of the Dennisville United Methodist Church.Kitty will be remembered most for the activities she loved. A member of the NRA, Moosehead Riders Snowmobile Club, and Villas Fishing Club, Kitty had a deep-seeded love of the outdoors. Even later in life, she was quick to tell stories of her days riding motorcycles, dirt bikes, or entering into drag races with a 69 Mustang. She was happiest when she could feel the sun on her face, whether she was working tirelessly on her farm, kayaking on Moosehead Lake in Maine, or traveling miles and miles on her snowmobile through the northern woods of Maine.Though Kitty was a commanding presence who could light up a room, she was also a gentle soul who loved nature. She had a particular attachment to hummingbirds and would watch out over her yard where dozens of deer – her deer – would roam about freely. She raised numerous pets, including critters of all shapes and sizes from hamsters and chickens to a fox, pigs, horses, and her beloved dogs and cats. Like everyone she cared for, these animals came to love her unconditionally.In addition to being an attentive wife and mother and hard worker, Kitty was an excellent cook. She enjoyed spending time in her kitchen decorated with endless strawberries both to prepare old favorites and staples and to experiment with something new. She took pride in cooking and her dinner guests always left full and smiling.While she treasured her family and friends in Cape May County, Moosehead Lake, Maine always held a special place in Kitty’s heart. Whether it was a summer of kayaking or a winter of snowmobiling, Kitty was truly happy there. It was in their cabin on the lake that Kitty and Jack could escape the world and find some peace in what was otherwise a hectic life. The vastness of the outdoors and beauty of the nature around her set Kitty at ease.A funeral service will be held on Thursday, June 25, 2020 at Union Cemetery, 856 Route 47 North, South Dennis at 3:15 p.m. A viewing will be held from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. at the Radzieta Funeral Home, 9 Hand Avenue, Cape May Court House. Social distancing practices will be followed, and masks will be required.Condolences atwww.radzieta.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Pennsylvania Man Drowns at Avalon Beach
- Labor Department Offers Extended Benefits to Unemployed NJ Workers
- 6-year-old Philadelphia Boy Drowns at Wildwood Pool
- County's Up 2 Cases, 1 Death; Young Out-of-County Adults Yield Positive Tests
- Crest Man Killed After Being Struck by a Vehicle in Delaware
- Public's Help Sought to ID Suspected Shoplifter
- Out-of-County Cases Reported in July 1 COVID-19 Update
- Public's Help Sought to ID Suspected Thieves
- County Reports 4 New COVID-19 Cases
- June Ends With 3 Reported Fatalities
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Sea Isle City - How is it 6 municipal employees are infected with COVID-19, live in Sea Isle, yet the County Department of Health is still reporting zero cases for the town?
- Villas - The election will show that the President is out of touch with most Americans. He is no longer the new comer. He is not running against Clinton. He has to run on his poor record. No Supreme...
- Sea Isle City - They say a vice presidential choice is unimportant but this year it may be one of the deciding issues in the election. Biden chooses Kamala Harris and wins the election. We all know that Biden has...
- North Cape May - Kanye West just announced that he is running for president and he also received a big endorsement from Elon Musk. "The November Circus" continues. I'm not voting for West and don...
- Cape MAy Court House - I did at least consider using the mail in ballot for the primary on Jul 7th. But after reading instructions, I just cannot agree to sign the statement that I applied for this application, I did not...