Gregory Oscar Strobel, 68, of Villas, New Jersey, passed away peacefully on Thursday, October 8, 2020 at his beach house, his new paradise here on Earth. Greg is survived by his daughters Jennifer Baldwin and her husband Robert of West Chester and Christine Napoli and her husband Joe of Drexel Hill, along with his loving grandchildren: Mason, Isabel, Evelyn, and Hayden. He is now reunited with the love of his life, Donna, with whom he shared a storybook love for over 45 years. Greg was born in Terry, Montana to Oscar and Breta Strobel (Hendrickson) and was “son number four” in a family of eight siblings. His family was monumental in establishing his faith and relationship with God, which was unwavering. His parents taught him values which would guide his journey throughout his life; always do quality work, do the right thing, never quit, and do your best. Greg’s success as an athlete and coach in the world’s oldest sport led to setting still unbroken records, inductions into several Hall of Fames, and numerous other awards acknowledging his contributions to the sport of wrestling. Greg was a loving husband, adoring father and doting grandfather. To others he was a devoted brother, brother-in-law, uncle and friend. He lived and loved each day for all he could. He was a gift to those who knew him.Services: A private ceremony with immediate family to be held on Sunday, October 18, 2020. A Celebration of Life to honor Greg will be held at a future date in 2021. Details will be announced when plans are finalized. For full obituary and to place a memory tribute please visit www.evoyfuneralhome.com
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Police Standoff in Villas Ends with Man’s Arrest
- Wildwood Crest Pizza Restaurant Owner Sentenced to 15 Months in Prison for Filing False Income Tax Returns
- County Reports 15 New COVID-19 Cases
- County Reports 13 New COVID-19 Cases
- Supporters Back Trump with Parades; Opposition Responds
- Court House Man Found Dead in Soccer Field Port-a-potty
- County Reports 14 New COVID-19 Cases
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Sept. 28-Oct. 4, 2020
- County COVID-19 Hospitalizations Low as NJ’s Grow
- County Reports 16 New COVID-19 Cases
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Wildwood - Wildwood High's football team won one game in like what 6 years? That is a waste of taxpayers' money. Take the money out of the football team, one of the most expensive parts of their...
- Cape May - An excellent letter from by Lear Hendricks Campaign Manager in response to the ridiculous accusations. Definitely worth the read.
- Wildwood - Hoping once the election is over the Herald will go back to being more about Cape May County & less about politics!
- Wildwood - Need to bring back mental institutions to house all these mentally ill people with guns and knives. Why should the police have to respond to the same people over and over again? Just a matter of time...
- Wildwood - Does anyone else in Wildwood have an oil smell in their water? I'm asking before I start making calls to the city. Looking for others with a similar smell in their water.