John A. Olszewski, 73, of Magnolia, Delaware passed away peacefully on January 29, 2020 at home.John was proud to serve in the U.S. Navy straight out of high school. He was an independent contractor throughout most of his life. He had a great love for fishing, even owning the Mystic Island Marina back in the 70’s. He also enjoyed hunting, rebuilding cars and doing puzzles. John also had an exceptional talent for woodworking, which was passed down to him from his father. He loved spending time with his family, especially his beautiful granddaughter Sadie Jane.John is survived by his wife, Melanie J. Olszewski; his son Brandon L. Olszewski and his wife Danielle of Norfolk, VA; his daughter Laura Janet Olszewski; three brothers: Marvin E. Olszewski and his wife Janet of Montague, NJ, Albert D. Olszewski of Villas, NC, Donald L. Olszewski of Little Egg Harbor, NJ; his sister Patricia Halasz and her husband Richard of Marathon, Florida; and his granddaughter Sadie J. Olszewski.The family plans a private memorial service at a later date. Please feel free to contact the family for further information. Online condolences may be made viawww.pippinfuneralhome.com
To plant a tree in memory of JOHN OLSZEWSKI as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Retirees Encouraged to Apply for 'Senior Freeze' Property Tax Relief Program
- Tough Choices Loom for Shore Communities
- Lower Township Police Officer Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Speigel Named N. Wildwood Construction, Fire, Zoning Official
- Say No to Dinner Clubs, OC Council Told
- Indictments Filed Feb. 18
- Shared Fire, EMS Services Quizzed
- Threat of Severe Weather Results in 'Code Blue' Declaration
- How Much Do Police Officers Make?
- Student Suspended for Shell Casing Possession, Permitted on Field Trip
- Cape May - Wow, it seems the Spout Off team at the paper is going far left as expected. I'm done with this paper and Spout Off. I can't wait to see what they print on November 4th, 2020, when they...
- North Cape May - Attended the Lower Township Meeting where the DRBA spoke about the sludge being moved. Not one elected person opened their mouth to say anything. Come November we will do our talking at the ballot...
- Rio Grande - Do you think you Middle Township will fix the bus stop shelter in Rio Grande by the fire station. It fell down months ago, and they took it away. Now I see people sitting there on the bench in the...
- Avalon - An Avalon Spouter thinks that "we took prayer out of schools." We did not. Any child may pray at any time in school, as long as doing so does not interfere with the purpose of school: to...
- Wildwood - A study recently released by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health declares there is no evidence “assault weapon” bans lead to a lower “incidence of fatal mass shootings. Why are our...