It is with profound sadness that the family of Robert Allen Fowler announce his passing on Sunday, January 31, 2021 at the age of 68.Robert was born in Cape May Court House, New Jersey to Harry and Dorothy (Knoll) Fowler. He was a lifelong resident of Cape May County with the majority of his life spent living in Woodbine with his beloved brother, Pete.The Woodbine Developmental Center was his place of employment for 27 years. During that time he worked his way up from telephone operator to supervisor making many long-lasting friendships along the way.An avid music lover, he was well known among his friends and neighbors for playing his tunes loud and proud. He also enjoyed NASCAR, reading suspense novels, indulging in numerous History Channel television programs, and supporting his grandchildren in all of their academic and athletic endeavors.Robert will be lovingly remembered by his daughter Suzanne (George) Rhodes; his grandchildren, George and Skylar Rhodes; his sisters, Juanita Rizzo and Dorothy DeSantis; as well as numerous relatives and friends. He is predeceased by his parents and eight brothers and sisters. Robert will be dearly missed by all who knew him, but the family finds peace in knowing that he is in Heaven reunited with loved ones who passed before him.Due to Covid-19 a Celebration of Life will be held at a later date. Condolences can be sent to Evoy Funeral Home at www.EvoyFuneralHome.com. In lieu of flowers, donations in Robert’s memory can be made to your preferred charity.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Marijuana Bills Signed into Law
- Indictments Filed Feb. 16
- Lower Man Dies from Covid; 35 New Cases Reported
- Frederick’s Suit Dismissed
- Lower Woman Dies from Covid; 44 New Cases Reported
- Fight Call Leads to Gun, Drug Charges
- Additional Arrest Made in Connection with Wildwood Carjacking
- County Loses 2 to Covid; 40 New Cases Reported
- Middle Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Dec. 21-27, 2021
- Capacity Limits Loosened for Religious Services, Sporting Events
- Sea Isle City - “Our office obtained the records (Trump et al)on Monday," said Vance (Manhattan DA) spokesman Danny Frost.” We now have two gold star states, NY State (tax)alongside Georgia (investigating...
- North Cape May - The New Jersey's teachers Union must be loving our governor ,who will be raising our taxes in his budget to help their pension .
- Cape May Court House - The vaccine roll out in Cape May County has been less than satisfactory. I am a 70 year old woman with 3 pre existing conditions. I have registered through the NJ state website 2 months ago. My...
- North Wildwood - My wife hates the new mail Trucks in Wildwood. She says that she can no longer hear them coming. She has mail laying on the end table. It's been there for 3 days. Guess we have to go out and...
- Clermont - Our county commissioners were going to get our Full Service MVC back in North Cape May. WHEN ?!