Matthew L. Vecere, of Mt. Laurel, NJ, formerly of Cape May Court House passed away on November 9, 2019. He was 88 years old and the beloved husband for 61 years of the late Doris (nee Hoffman). Loving father of Jeffrey Vecere (Nancy), Colleen Menz (Bruce), Patricia McClain (Warren), daughter in law Donna Vecere and the late Thomas Vecere. Devoted grandfather of 10 and great grandfather of 12. Dear brother of Mary Rossi, Grace Anzelone-Buettner, the late Nicholas Vecere, Madeline Dell'Uomo and Christine Neill. Mr. Vecere was a barber in Stone Harbor for over 25 years and also owned and operated the Harbor Light Restaurant and T & J Steakout, both in Stone Harbor. He was a passionate animal lover, especially of horses, and was an owner and trainer of harness horses that raced all over the Northeast. Relatives and friends are invited to the visitation 9:30-10:45AM Thursday, November 14 to be followed by Mass, all at St. John Neumann Church, 560 Walton Ave., Mt. Laurel, NJ. Burial will be private. In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial donations be made to Standardbred Retirement Foundation, 42 Arneytown-Hornerstown Rd., Cream Ridge, NJ 08514.
To plant a tree in memory of MATTHEW VECERE as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Retirees Encouraged to Apply for 'Senior Freeze' Property Tax Relief Program
- Tough Choices Loom for Shore Communities
- Indictments Filed Feb. 18
- Speigel Named N. Wildwood Construction, Fire, Zoning Official
- Lower Township Police Officer Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Student Suspended for Shell Casing Possession, Permitted on Field Trip
- Say No to Dinner Clubs, OC Council Told
- Shared Fire, EMS Services Quizzed
- How Much Do Police Officers Make?
- Threat of Severe Weather Results in 'Code Blue' Declaration
- Swainton - Bernie misses the point by raising taxes on corporations. The reason taxes were lowered was to make us competitive with other countries. This means more jobs for American workers.
- Cape May - You too can watch Cape May City Council meetings without leaving your home. Go to your computer and bring up CapeMayCity.org. Then go to “watch livestream” and find the meeting date you want to watch...
- Stone Harbor - How many people from Stone Harbor expressed the interest in platform tennis? You would think that the council would include this on their presentation. Let the residents of Avalon approach their town...
- North Wildwood - I worked in bigger cities than are on the island, in North Jersey, where the mayor and council members made much less than here. We need to realign pay scales for the mayor and council members.
- North Wildwood - I thought North Wildwood was a Civil Service Town - with a local ordinance about living in the city one year prior to taking the test and living in the city until being hired. How did Mr. Spiegel get...