Catherine Anne (Shropshire) Burk, age 75, of Villas, NJ, and formerly of Chester, PA, died Monday, July 20, 2020 at home. Born in Upland, PA, Cathy was a longtime resident of Villas, NJ. She was a 1963 graduate of Notre Dame High School, Moylan, PA. Cathy was employed with the Cape May-Lewes Ferry in retail sales and formerly was employed as a tour operator. Cathy loved dogs and was an avid supporter of animal rescue. She was also a member of the Villas Fishing Club. Wife of the late Ernie William Burk, who died in 2018; Daughter of the late C. Norman “Lefty” Shropshire and Marie D. McDade Shropshire; sister of the late Sharyn M. Campbell. Survivors: Brother: Norman C. (Gerry) Shropshire Niece: Devon M. Shropshire Funeral Services followed by interment in Calvary Cemetery, Media, PA, will be private. Memorial Donations may be made to: Tri-State Basset Hound Treasurer, P.O. Box 471, Deepwater, NJ 08023.Condolences:www.msbfh.comArrangements by Minshall Shropshire-BleylerFuneral Home, Media, PA.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Court House Man Drowns in Residential Pool
- Joint Investigation Conducted into Erma Man's Death
- Tropical Storm Warning Issued for Cape May County
- Human Services Announces $38.5 Million in Additional Food Assistance
- Windrift Shelves Food, Beverage Service After Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
- County's COVID-19 Cases Rise by 5
- Archer Senft’s ‘Doing Great’ 5 Years after Diving Accident
- County's August Coronavirus Battle Begins With 6 New Cases
- County's Virus Metrics Increase by 9 Cases
- County Announces Cancellations, Closures Ahead of Isaias' Arrival
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Wildwood - I disagree with the spouter about the grass under the new sign on Rio Grande. What rocket scientist came up with that idea? Everyone knows we in Wildwood love blue, no pink, no let's stick with...
- Rio Grande - Talking to some friends that work in the county and one was upset that their gym was closed to COVID and that slot of employees are mad and the other employee said that the one in the admin building...
- Wildwood Crest - I figured if we all just "protest" together at the beach on a sunny day, a few "favorite restaurants, and then school for the kids, we should be perfectly fine. None of the "...
- Middle Township - I am a teacher and I would like to shut down these people who are posting about how easy teachers have it by allowing them to teach virtually(online) during this pandemic. Teaching classes online is...
- Wildwood - It’s sad to see the current divide in America. What most people don’t seem to understand is both the dems and repub’s are on the same team. All they wanna do is steal more money from the hard working...