Amodeo Salvatore "Sam" Beddia, 91, of Avalon, NJ, died Sunday, February 9, 2020 at his home surrounded by his family. Sam was born November 4, 1928 in Camden, NJ.Upon graduating from high school, he enlisted in the United States Marine Corp. Sam married Mary Lou Sammeth in 1950. They were happily married until her death in 2001. He was employed as a machinist, tool and dye maker, draftsman and a plant engineer. During his career, he worked for RCA, Progresso, Fedders Corp. and the Trump Castle casino. Sam was an avid golfer who belonged to the Avalon Country Club. He was a member of the Avalon Lions Club, American Legion, and the Avalon Zoning & Planning Board. He was an active and devoted member of St. Brendan the Navigator Parish and a member of The Altar Rosary Society. Sam will be dearly missed by all who knew him.He is survived by his wife of 16 years, Patricia (Booth) Beddia, son Stephen Beddia (Patricia), son Kenneth Beddia (Penny), brother Angelo Beddia (Ann), brother Jimmy Beddia, grandson Jason Beddia (Kimberly), grandson Jeffrey Beddia, granddaughter Kimberly Shea (Evan), granddaughter Caitlin Bender (Brian), granddaughter Elissa Zingler (Christopher), granddaughter Courtney Beddia, 3 great granddaughters Karoline Beddia, Nora Zingler, and Olivia Bender. Sam was predeceased by his parents Salvatore & Giuseppina Beddia, his 1st wife Mary Lou Beddia and his brother Nicolo Beddia.A church visitation will be held in Maris Stella Church, 5012 Dune Drive, Avalon, NJ, on Thursday, February 13 from 9:30 AM to 10:45 AM followed by a Funeral Mass at 11am. A Military Honors burial will be in Cape May County Veterans' Cemetery, Crest Haven Rd. Cape May Court House, NJ.Donations in memory of Sam may be made to Saint Brendan the Navigator Parish, 5012 Dune Drive, Avalon, NJ 08202.ARRANGEMENTS are under the supervision of Rone Funeral Service, 1110 E. Chestnut Avenue, Vineland, NJ 08360To send online condolences please visit our website atwww.RONEFUNERALSERVICE.com
To plant a tree in memory of AMODEO BEDDIA as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Retirees Encouraged to Apply for 'Senior Freeze' Property Tax Relief Program
- Tough Choices Loom for Shore Communities
- Lower Township Police Officer Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Speigel Named N. Wildwood Construction, Fire, Zoning Official
- Say No to Dinner Clubs, OC Council Told
- Indictments Filed Feb. 18
- Shared Fire, EMS Services Quizzed
- Threat of Severe Weather Results in 'Code Blue' Declaration
- How Much Do Police Officers Make?
- Student Suspended for Shell Casing Possession, Permitted on Field Trip
- Rio Grande - Do you think you Middle Township will fix the bus stop shelter in Rio Grande by the fire station. It fell down months ago, and they took it away. Now I see people sitting there on the bench in the...
- Avalon - An Avalon Spouter thinks that "we took prayer out of schools." We did not. Any child may pray at any time in school, as long as doing so does not interfere with the purpose of school: to...
- Wildwood - A study recently released by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health declares there is no evidence “assault weapon” bans lead to a lower “incidence of fatal mass shootings. Why are our...
- West Wildwood - To the spouter and member of the CTWW who is concerned about the year-round residents group. You indicate you are a member of CTWW and you are feuding with local government and its supporters. The...
- Stone Harbor - I like bird watching as much as the next person and I am continually amazed at the fancy scopes and cameras that many use to pursue their hobby. I also understand the need to have tripods to support...