Margaret “Reta” C., Sweeney, Deptford – Surrounded by her loving family, on September 28, 2020, Reta passed peacefully at home. Age 81. (nee Magoun). Formerly of Woodbury and Cape May. Loving wife of 20 years to the late Edward J. Sweeney, Sr. Cherished daughter of the late Thatcher Magoun V and Mary “Molly” Stewart. Loving mother of Craig Hartman (Donna), Mark Pinero, Thomas Pinero (Janette), Jeffrey Pinero (Kelly), Terri Netz (Bruce), Kellie Blymer, Daniel Sweeney and Sean Sweeney. Predeceased by her son Luis David Pinero (surviving Sam) and step-son, Edward J. Sweeney, Jr. (surviving Sarah). Beloved sister of Thatcher Magoun VI (Nina). Cherished grandmother of Gwen Foerster (Tim), Craig Hartman (Natalie), Alexandra Pinero de Rivera (Steve), Veronica Pinero, Chloe Pinero, Julia Money (Anthony), Kari McElduff, Kyle McElduff (Crystal), Sarah Adams, Jason Adams, Jenai Gonzalez, Olivia Blymer, Riley Blymer, Jason Netz (Lyndsey), Jesse Netz (Nicole) and Brandon Sweeney.Reta received her bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts from Thomas Edison State College and was a graduate of the last class of Philadelphia General Hospital School of Nursing. She retired as Nursing Supervisor at Episcopal Hospital in Philadelphia. Reta was the former president of the Cape May County Art League.Funeral Services are being planned for a later date.In lieu of flowers, donations are requested to The Amedisys Foundation, 3854 American Way, Suite A, Baton Rouge, LA 70816 or online at www.amedisys.com/about/foundation/ Please write in the memo: Margaret C. Sweeney.Condolences and Memories may be shared at www.mccannhealey.com under the obituary of Margaret C. Sweeney. Funeral Arrangements and Inquires through: McCANN-HEALEY FUNERAL HOME, Gloucester City Ph:856-456-1142
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Court House Man Found Dead in Soccer Field Port-a-potty
- Police Standoff in Villas Ends with Man’s Arrest
- Wildwood Crest Pizza Restaurant Owner Sentenced to 15 Months in Prison for Filing False Income Tax Returns
- County Reports 15 New COVID-19 Cases
- County COVID-19 Hospitalizations Low as NJ’s Grow
- County Reports 13 New COVID-19 Cases
- Supporters Back Trump with Parades; Opposition Responds
- Marmora Member of Philadelphia Crime Family Sentenced for Selling Drugs
- County Reports 14 New COVID-19 Cases
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Sept. 28-Oct. 4, 2020
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Middle Township - A huge shout out to the staff at a lovely B&B in Cape May. Thank you for making my Son and Daughter in Laws anniversary a wonderful day. Thanks to Ken and Andrea for all of the special things...
- West Wildwood - As a kid our family got off the train in West Wildwood for a summer vacation and never left. We loved it here, our friends and neighbors were like family. It was Sweet Haven. Now it is not the same...
- Villas - It cracks me up when I see illegal immigrants on our street in the USA protesting and burning down flags and pictures of Trump. Could you imagine if we were illegal in Mexico. Look up what they would...
- Court House - Please Mr. Salvo. Get hold of your front office in one of your schools,I wont say which one but everyone’s talking about it.
- Villas - Been listening to a lot of people at the school district saying what they’re going to do with their time off with the paid taxpayers money for the New Jersey’s teacher Association meeting. Can’t...