Kathleen Joyce Guss, age 75 of Erma, passed away Sunday August 23, 2020 at her home. Born in Long Island, NY and formerly of Forked River, NJ, Kathleen has been an area resident since 1981. Kathleen attended several courses in Human Resources, receiving a certificate for same. She retired from the Cape May County Municipal Utility Authority as a Human Resources Director in 2007, and had also worked as a legal secretary at several different law firms previously. Kathleen enjoyed gardening, fishing and traveling the world.She is predeceased by her parents Catherine and Robert Staeck. Kathleen is survived by her husband of 50 years, Capt. Dan Guss, sister Shirley Broome, brother Robert Staeck, nephew Christopher Broome and niece Jennifer Smith.Services will be privately held.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Goshen Man, 26, Dies in Crash
- HVAC Worker Recorded Multiple Victims in Cape Tech Bathroom, Investigation Finds
- UPDATE: Swimmer Dies After Being Pulled from Water Off N. Wildwood Beach
- Middle OKs Trick-or-treat Hours
- Lower Man, 71, Dies from COVID-19; New Cases Reported
- Middle Approves Land Sale
- Murphy Extends Public Health Emergency
- County Reports 8 New COVID-19 Cases
- Memorial Reef Provides Eco-friendly Final Resting Place
- What Does CMCo Look Like Post-COVID-19?
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- North Cape May - Hearing people complain about not getting their huge $9000 unemployment check makes me sick. Where is the extra compensation for the essential workers who were forced to risk our lives everyday to go...
- Erma - Trump’s refusal to condemn white supremacy and telling them to “Stand back and stand by” means exactly what? Permission to proceed with their racial hatred? The accusations and name-calling...
- Cape May - Cape May receives grants every year and the Cape May Facebook page never post about the grants. Now for the first time the Cape May Facebook page post about a grant revived with the mayors face as...
- Sea Isle - To the Cape May spouter re: Warren Buffet. Your post is wrong. What he said was he paid a lower RATE than his secretary, and with Trump's tax bill, that rate is even LOWER. Buffet also worked...
- North Wildwood - Why didn't the fact that there were thousands of people without masks crowding into bars on Olde New Jersey Avenue over the weekend make the news? Or the fact that the police on duty at Olde New...