Lorraine McGroarty, age 93 of N Cape May, passed away at home on Sunday, February 21, 2021. Formerly of Kensington section of Philadelphia, Lorrain has been an area resident for 29 years. She worked as a cashier for Sears and Strawbridge Clothier in Philadelphia. She is preceded in death by her husband James (1996) and daughter Regina Rennie. Lorraine is survived by 6 children, James, Eileen Gasiewski, Deborah Thompson, Patrick, Bernadette and Shawn, 16 grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren, and 1 great-great grandchild.Funeral services for Lorraine will be held at 11am on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at the Evoy Funeral Home, 3218 Bayshore Rd., N Cape May, NJ 08204; a visiting hour will be held prior to service from 10am-11am. Burial will follow service at 2pm at the Resurrection Cemetery, Bensalem, PA. Contributions in memory of Lorraine can be made to the Alzheimer’s Association at www.alz.org. Condolences can be shared at www.EvoyFuneralHome.com.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Suit Alleges Workplace Harassment by Cape May Lifeguard
- Indictments Filed Feb. 23
- Pot’s Legal; Towns Weigh Options
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Feb. 1-7, 2021
- Enhanced SNAP Benefits to Continue in March
- County Loses 2 to Covid; 36 New Cases Reported
- NJ Lottery to Suspend Ticket Purchasing Feb. 26 for System Upgrade
- Former OCHS Teacher Charged for Reported ’16 Sexual Assault
- County Reports 23 New Covid Cases
- County Loses 2 to Covid; 40 New Cases Reported
- Lower Township - Lower Township has cut off it’s tax paying citizens from attending meetings virtually during a pandemic . All because they couldn’t handle an overwhelming amount of callers discussing a controversial...
- Cape May - Where is the #Metoo movement? I'm hearing crickets in the night. I haven't heard any of the left condemning Cuomo! I haven't heard any of the late night show saying a word. Whoopi...
- Stone Harbor - Gas prices have risen about 80 cents a gallon since Election Day. Close to 40 cents a gallon since shutdown of XL pipeline. What more is to come from the new administration.
- Cape May Court House - What is wrong with the Biden team. They are letting thousands of illegal immigrants cross the Mexican border. We do not know who these people are and what diseases they carry. Covid??? Biden has made...
- Cape May County - Kids....you play sports, wear your masks!!!!